Have you ever wondered if you can add cannabis to your favorite food and feel the high rather than inhaling? You might have heard about pot brownies. Surprisingly, pot brownies are not the only thing you can make and indulge in. From brownies to pasta, you can add cannabis to a wide range of dishes. And what better time than the holidays to try some of the delicious recipes using cannabis.
Whether it’s with a group of friends or family that doesn’t mind getting high together, enjoy your Thanksgiving meal with the three easy and delicious recipes given below, with a touch of cannabis.
However, to make cannabis-infused dishes that don’t disappoint you, always go for high-quality buds. Unless you are not growing cannabis plants with good quality cannabis seeds online by yourself, always check the reputation of the seller and buy your stash from legal dispensaries only.
Before you check out the recipes, it’s better if you know the recipe to make simple cannabutter. Cannabutter is a replacement for regular butter and oil and is an essential ingredient in making most of the cannabis cuisines.
Steps to make cannabutter
- Take one stick or a half cup of salted butter and melt on low heat.
- Add finely ground cannabis buds and bring it to simmer for the next 45 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Strain the butter into a container with a tight lid. Make sure to squeeze the last drop of cannabutter by pressing the spoon’s rear side against the cannabis matter on the strainer.
You can make large batches of cannabutter and store it in the refrigerator for later use.
1. Cannabis mashed potatoes
Let’s begin the list with one of the classic thanksgiving cuisines. Mashed potatoes serve as the perfect side dish alongside roast turkey on Thanksgiving. Add a touch of cannabis to the dish in the form of cannabutter. The cooking time for this dish is 35 minutes and serves four.
- Potatoes – 5 lbs
- Cannabutter – 2 tbsp
- Garlic (minced) – 5 cloves
- Heavy cream – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Rosemary – 1 tbsp
- Cut the peeled potatoes into cubes and leave them in cold water with some salt. Doing so will ensure that the potatoes will cook evenly.
- Start boiling the potatoes and bring to simmer, and cook for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to cover the potatoes with a lid.
- Heat the heavy cream and cannabutter in a saucepan.
- Drain the water from cooked potatoes and mash them with a potato masher. Start adding the cannabutter and heavy cream simultaneously.
- Finally, add milk and beat the mixture until smooth, and add the seasoning. Remember, the dish may turn gluey if you overbeat.
2. Mac ‘n’ cheese with green beans
Here’s another perfect dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving. Make the regular mac ‘n’ cheese healthy with the touch of green beans. Let’s look at the ingredients required to make the dish. It takes 35 minutes to make this dish and serves four.
- Wholemeal flour – 3 tbsp
- Nutmeg (ground) – 1 tbsp
- Green beans – 8 oz
- Runner beans – 5 oz
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Grated cheddar cheese – 1 cup
- Macaroni – 12 oz
- Milk – 500 ml
- Cannabutter – 1 tbsp
- Take a saucepan, add cooking oil, flour and stir well. Slowly add milk while stirring simultaneously to avoid lumps.
- Add cannabutter, nutmeg, and seasoning to the sauce. Cook until the cannabutter melts.
- Preheat the oven to 430˚F.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water, add the green and runner beans and boil for three minutes.
- Strain the mac and beans into oven-safe cookware and pour the cooked sauce evenly on the top
- Add a layer of grated cheese and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake until the top layer looks golden for about ten to fifteen minutes.
3. Cannabis banana ice cream
Let’s end the list with a cannabis-infused dessert. Unlike the other two dishes, the cannabis-infused dessert does not include cannabutter but requires finely ground marijuana. So think twice before going for the second serving of this ice cream.
- Butter – ¼ stick
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Bananas – 15 oz
- Honey – 5 tbsp
- Rum – 3 tbsp
- Marijuana – 10 grams (finely ground)
- Cream – 18 0z
- Salt (just a pinch)
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, and add marijuana.
- Start melting the butter along with sugar and salt in another saucepan.
- Pour the cream into the melted butter mixture and whisk simultaneously.
- Mash the peeled bananas in a bowl and add the butter and cream mixture, honey, and rum.
- Beat the mixture evenly.
- Transfer to a plastic container, cover with a lid, and freeze for at least three hours.
- Grab a chilled bowl and transfer the mixture to whisk again.
- Cover the mixture with a plastic wrap and refrigerate until it becomes firm.
You can also make the classic roast turkey by adding cannabutter to the recipe on Thanksgiving. Few cannabis culinary varieties taste better according to the strain of cannabis-infused. For instance, green crack is the best strain to use in cannabis-infused mac ‘n’ cheese. Whereas, northern lights strain goes well with the mashed potatoes dish.