Your home internet is incredibly fast. Your office internet can download the entire Game of Thrones in less than an hour. The wifi adapter allows you to connect all your devices and enjoy the blessings of the Internet. It’s all fun until you decide to go to remote places where there’s no internet connection or a camping trip, where only your phone can access the internet.
So, what do you do to ensure that all your devices are connected to high-speed internet – just as is the case in your home? Sadly, your phone’s hotspot won’t cut it, even if its 4G enabled. The solution here is to use a 4G LTE ROUTER! With this device, you can easily connect all your phones, tablets, and laptops to the internet from one single location. Better yet, knowing that you are using fast speed internet on a connection you can trust is fulfilling.
But hey! Not all such routers would do the job right. Some may lag; others may stop working after some time; and others have a very small range to keep you sorted. To ensure you get the right fit, we have researched on your behalf, carefully selecting 10 best 4G LTE routers to ensure you enjoy fast, secure connection anywhere.
Top 10 4G LTE Routers of 2019 Reviewed
- Top 10 4G LTE Routers of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
- 2. MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4-COMBO 4G/LTE Router
- 3. NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem – Instant Broadband Connection
- 4. Huawei B310s-518 Unlocked 4G LTE CPE 150 Mbps Mobile Wi-Fi Router
- 5. Jetpack Verizon Mi-Fi 6620L Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
- 6. NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot 4G LTE Router MR1100
- 7. KuWFi 4G LTE CPE Wireless Wi-Fi Internet Router
- 8. 4G LTE Router Sim Card Wi-Fi Wireless Modem Extender by TAKTIKAL
- 9. 4G LTE + Advanced OpenWRT Cat6 Unlocked SIM Router Modem by TAKTIKAL
- 10. TP-Link M7350 Hotspot Movel – 4G LTE – 150 Mbps
- How to Chose The Best 4G LTE Router – The Ultimate Buying Guide
- Can The Router Connect Multiple Devices?
- Does The Router Have Gigabit Ethernet Ports?
- What Type Of Band Does It Use?
- How Fast Is The Processor?
- What Power Options Does It Have?
- Is It MU-MIMO Compatible?
- What Kind Of Router Is It?
- How Many SIM Slots Should A 4G LTE Router Have?
- What Other Considerations Should You Look At?
1. ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wi-Fi RouterBest Tri-Band 10 Gigabit 4G LTE Router
For several years now, Asus has been producing some of the best gaming gear via their ROG line of products. ROG is the short form for the “Republic of Gamers”, and any products from this line are meant to meet all the needs and demands of enthusiastic gamers. There is nothing different about the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000, which is a router designed with gaming in mind. So, if you are fond of streaming gaming sessions, this is the router for you.
In terms of size, this product is bigger than most of the others discussed in this review. It is averagely costlier than the rest and promises to give you a gaming experience as you have never had before. When it comes to long-range routers, this is undoubtedly among the widest-reaching. But the performance of this router is worth the high price.
This router packs several features that make it stand out from the crowd. For instance, it can seamlessly supply Wi-Fi network throughout your home, given the 8 antennas. You can strategically place these in strategic locations in your house to cover every nook and cranny with the best internet. It comes with a total of 8 Gigabit Ethernet Ports for improved connectivity of the rest of your devices. Lastly, it features next-generation Wi-Fi 6, which is stronger than the previous versions.
- Supports video streaming and gaming
- Latest Wi-Fi technology
- 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 8 antennas
- Big and heavy to carry
- The price is in the highest range
- Most users experienced an overkill
2. MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4-COMBO 4G/LTE RouterBest 12 Band 4G LTE Router
If you are looking for a wireless router with a rugged design but great performance, then you should consider buying the MOFI4500. It may look rough on the inside but does offer some of the strongest internet connections, thanks to its 4G LTE capabilities. That basically means that you can choose the network to use depending on what’s available in your area. When streaming videos on a 4G network, you are bound to get the best results. The same applies to gamers who like high internet speeds.
It comes with a total of 4 antennas, so you will get relatively stronger Wi-Fi connectivity throughout your home. If your home isn’t too big, all the devices on the network will be connected without much of a hassle. That’s in addition to a built-in wireless repeater which extends the range of the Wi-Fi network further off. With that, you can connect your devices in the widest range possible.
If you are on the T-Mobile network, this is perhaps the best router you can use. It comes with a Verizon Sprint T-Mobile LTE2 cellular modem. This is basically recommended by T-Mobile for use with this particular modem. So, don’t look elsewhere.
- Recommended by T-Mobile as the best for their modems
- A durable, rugged metal construction
- Provides a very wide Wi-Fi range
- It can be too small for your liking
- Short people may not find it suitable
- May not be compatible with some Verizon products
3. NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem – Instant Broadband ConnectionBest Portable 4G LTE Modem
Are you in need of a simple modem to connect all of your wireless devices? The NETGEAR 4G LTE modem comes with built-in Gigabit WAN connectivity, which provides internet connectivity via 2G, 3G or 4G mobile networks. Since this isn’t a fully-fledged router, you will need a separate device to create a network, whether Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Since it can power via Ethernet port, you don’t need a separate power adapter.
You don’t have to be an IT expert to be able to set up this modem since it is basically a plug-and-play affair. It provides a maximum download speed of 150 Mbps, which is faster than those provided by similar devices. For uploads, you get a maximum of 50Mbps in speed. Whenever there is a firmware update, you will receive an alert via SMS. The same applies to data usage.
It comes with two connectors, one each for connecting to the 3G or 4G networks. That way, you can be sure of getting the best signal reception from this device. When one type of network isn’t available, it will automatically switch to the other one. It is easy to check the network status by looking at the LED lights on the device. Since it is designed for use in the U.S.A, you can’t use it elsewhere.
- Uses both the 3G and 4G networks
- Download speed of 150 Mbps
- LED lights to show network strength
- Meant for use only in the U.S.A
- You will need a router to use it
- May not provide strong Wi-Fi connectivity
4. Huawei B310s-518 Unlocked 4G LTE CPE 150 Mbps Mobile Wi-Fi RouterBest Mobile Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes the best 4G LTE router is one you can use on virtually any mobile network. The Huawei B310s-518 Unlocked 4G LTE CPE router will do just that. Unlike other routers that are tied to a specific mobile network, this particular is open. It can carry any standard SIM from whichever GSM network you are using. Thus, you don’t have to be a Verizon or T-Mobile subscriber to use this device.
Apart from the 4G networks, this router can also work perfectly well on 3G networks. Thus, if one kind of network goes down, the other one will automatically kick in. that way, you won’t have to lose your internet connectivity over network issues. It comes with one LAN port, which you can use to connect to a network hub. With a total of two antennas, this router provides an impressive Wi-Fi range.
Like all of the other 4G LTE routers, this particular device will require you to be subscribed to an internet services provider. Using the SIM card supplied by your ISP, you can turn this router into a strong Wi-Fi hub for your home. It supports a maximum download speed of 150 Mbps and a top upload speed of 50 Mbps. The maximum number of Wi-Fi users is 32.
- Works on both 3G and 4G networks
- An unlocked Wi-Fi Router
- Has two antennas
- The Wi-Fi range may not be wide enough
- You need a SIM card from an ISP
- Only one LAN port
5. Jetpack Verizon Mi-Fi 6620L Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile HotspotBest 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Router
If you are looking for a portable 4G LTE router, the Jetpack Verizon Mi-Fi 6620L is recommended for you. Unlike the other 4G LTE routers which are massive in size and weight, this particular device is very portable. In fact, it is just like any of your mobile devices. Hence you can easily carry it in your pocket, purse or bag without much of a hassle.
For people who like having a dedicated Wi-Fi device on the move, this is the best for you. It is easy to move from your home to the office. The good thing is that it can provide a maximum of 15 Wi-Fi connections at a go. For as long as the battery is charged, you will have an internet connection. When the time comes to charge the battery, you can plug in just about any charger since the charging system is universal. A fully-charged battery will last for a maximum of 20 hours.
Unlike other devices that are tied to specific internet providers in the U.S.A, you can use this one anywhere you go in the world. That essentially means you can carry it with you abroad, so long as you have a local SIM card.
- The battery power is one of the best
- The charging system is universal
- Navigation is through touch keys
- May have connectivity issues
- Doesn’t have the best customer service
- A limited number of Wi-Fi connections
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot 4G LTE Router MR1100Best Fast Speed 4G LTE Router
If you need a router for downloading games and videos, you should think of buying the NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot. Unlike other routers that provide a mere 150 Mbps download speed, this particular device reaches a maximum speed of 1 Gbps. That’s fast enough to download huge files within a very short time. Since it is portable, you can carry it with you wherever you go. Unless you are naturally selfish, this device allows you to share Wi-Fi with 20 other devices.
With this router, you will not be restricted to just one network. It works with both 3G and 4G mobile networks across the world. As long as you have a SIM card from an ISP, you will be able to use this router. It comes with a rechargeable battery of a maximum of 5040 mAh capacity. This will last you for up to 24 hours on a full charge. The good thing is that you can charge it via a universal USB port. Additionally, it has a USB port through which you stream content live from the internet through any of your mobile devices.
It has an intuitive all-color display through which you can monitor data usage, the strength of the mobile signal, and manage your network. It is hard to find anything like this elsewhere.
- A powerful, long-lasting battery
- Can use any network
- A full-color display for easy network management
- Reported hardware issues
- The Wi-Fi range isn’t very wide
- Reported poor customer service
7. KuWFi 4G LTE CPE Wireless Wi-Fi Internet RouterBest Wireless Wi-Fi Internet Router
It is becoming unnecessary to buy movies in the form of DVDs. With the widespread use of video streaming services such as Netflix, you can catch up with your favorite television program on the go. To make that possible, you need a dedicated 4G LTE router with high download speeds of 300 Mbps. Apart from streaming your favorite shows, you can also easily share photos, videos, and music with your friends and family. This will put you at the center stage of social media file sharing.
A highly portable device, this router is extremely easy to connect. Once you insert the SIM card and turn it on, you will start receiving the Wi-Fi signal on multiple devices in your home. The good thing with this device is that you can connect a maximum of 32 devices on to your Wi-Fi. So when in a place where you need to share Wi-Fi with a large group of people, simply provide them with your password.
This router is meant for use in the U.S.A and several other countries in Central America and the Caribbean. It has a rechargeable battery. To charge it, you may use a 12V 1A adapter or a 5V 2A power bank via USB. The range of the Wi-Fi signal is wide enough to cover your entire home.
- Supports Wi-Fi connectivity to a maximum of 32 devices
- Easy to connect
- High download and streaming speed
- Reports of some service providers blocking the modem
- Hard to access service every time you lose power
- Reports of a flawed design
8. 4G LTE Router Sim Card Wi-Fi Wireless Modem Extender by TAKTIKALBest Wireless Modem Extender
Looking for a modem router with a SIM card slot? The 4G LTE Router by TAKTIKAL is easy to set up. All you need to do is insert the SIM card and turn it on. Within no time, you will be able to share Wi-Fi connectivity throughout your home. It comes with four external antennas with high-gain 5dBi. That makes the 4G LTE router able to transmit Wi-Fi on a wide range. Apart from that, it provides the option of connecting to the internet through an Ethernet port.
The download speed for this device is up to a maximum of 150 Mbps. Its manufacturers say it is much better than some of the traditional hotspots you might already be used to. Because of the great speed, it is suitable for fast download and streaming of videos, movies, and TV programs. However, you will only be able to use this router on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
If you need to access files through your mobile devices, the router comes with Micro SD and USB slots. It will be easy for you to stream videos, share photos, and upload audio files. It comes with 16MB SPI and 128MB RAM hardware. What else could you ask for?
- Provides fast internet speeds
- 4 antennas for wide Wi-Fi coverage
- The router is to set up
- For use on only two mobile networks
- Reports of damaged antennas
- 4G networks are quickly becoming irrelevant
9. 4G LTE + Advanced OpenWRT Cat6 Unlocked SIM Router Modem by TAKTIKALBest UNlocked SIM 4G LTE Router
Not many 4G LTE routers come ready to use. For some, you have to buy a separate modem to be able to connect to the internet. The Advanced OpenWRT router has a built-in Sierra 7455 modem. To use it, all you need to do is to insert a SIM card and power it on. For as long as you are in an area with a reliable 4G network, you will connect to the internet. It provides for dual-band connectivity on a number of GSM networks.
The download speed for this device is a maximum of 300 Mbps, while the upload speed stands at 50 Mbps. If you intend to use this router for live gaming sessions, it is going to work perfectly. It is also great for people who like streaming videos live on the internet. The detachable antennas make it easy for you to move the connectivity from the indoors to the outdoors without much of a problem.
If you are looking for a router with the ability to provide Wi-Fi connectivity for all of your wireless devices in the home, try this one. Through it, you will be able to monitor security cameras and switch on or off smart lights.
- Comes with a built-in modem for easy set-up
- High download speeds of 300 Mbps
- Detachable antennas
- The price is on the higher side
- Doesn’t come with a user manual
- Works with only a few network providers
10. TP-Link M7350 Hotspot Movel – 4G LTE – 150 MbpsBest Portable 4G LTE Hotspot Router
TP-Link has been manufacturing routers and modems for the longest time now. Trust the company to come up with some of the best 4G LTE routers in the market. A good example is the TP-Link M7350, which is a portable router with the ability to deliver a maximum download speed of 150 Mbps. Since it has a built-in modem, using this router is extremely easy. After inserting the SIM card, switch it on and you will start receiving a Wi-Fi signal immediately.
With this router, you will be able to support up to 10 devices. Whether it is the mobile devices owned by members of your family or those that require Wi-Fi connectivity to go, the TP-Link M7350 router works just fine. It is possible to connect your game consoles, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, security cameras, and so on. You can use it to quickly download files, video chat with your friends, and enjoy full-HD movies uninterrupted.
This device can make use of both the 3G and 4G mobile networks. Thus, when one goes down, the other will keep working to connect you to the internet. It provides dual-band Wi-Fi, which can either be 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. In that case, you can expect to always have an internet connection.
- Can connect multiple devices
- Comes with an embedded modem
- Provides dual-band Wi-Fi
- The 150 Mbps download speed isn’t the highest
- An expensive 4G LTE router
- 4G devices might be phased out soon
How to Chose The Best 4G LTE Router – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Are you looking for a 4G LTE Router? The kind of device you will buy depends on many factors. While some people go looking for a router for gaming, others just want one that can enable them to easily connect to the internet.
The good thing with some 4G LTE routers is that they are highly portable. You can easily carry one from home to your place of work without having to worry about weight and size. The following are some of the factors you must consider before settling on a particular router.
Can The Router Connect Multiple Devices?
The number of devices that can be connected to a 4G LTE router may vary from one case to another. At the very minimum, you should be able to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices. These include mobile phones, laptops, tablets, and so on. Whether at home or in the office, you will be able to provide Wi-Fi connectivity to your family, friends, and colleagues.
For as long as you are within the reach of a 4G mobile network, you will be able to provide for yourself and others a reliable internet connection. In a hotel room, it will no longer be necessary to depend on the onsite W-Fi which can be slower than you would expect. At the same time, the cost of having your own Wi-Fi network is way cheaper than that provided by your hotel. So, make sure that your 4G LTE router supports multiple devices and has fast download speeds.
Does The Router Have Gigabit Ethernet Ports?
It is not enough to have a router that provides Wi-Fi connectivity. Make sure that it also has one or more Ethernet ports. One of the main reasons Ethernet is preferred over Wi-Fi is that it provides the best lag/latency. But not all Ethernet ports work the same way.
Having Gigabit Ethernet ports enhances the performance of the network, especially when gaming. That’s mainly because it will be able to support maximum download speeds of 1000 Mbps.
What Type Of Band Does It Use?
It is possible that the router you buy will not be able to provide an internet connection via Ethernet. That’s why it is important to check the Wi-Fi band provided by the router. The lowest and older band is 2.4 GHz while the highest has a 5 GHz. While the 2.4 GHz band may not be strong enough, it still has the widest reach compared to other 4G LTE routers.
Utilizing the AC standard, the newer 5 GHz router will be the best. However, there are several routers on the market which are considered dual-band. So, they have both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. That way, the router will be enabled to broadcast the Wi-Fi signal on two frequencies. That way, you will enjoy fast and seamless 4K and HD streaming.
How Fast Is The Processor?
A good 4G LTE router is as good as the hardware used to make it. Among the things to look at include the RAM and the processor. How great these two aspects are, will determine has fast and flawless you will be able to stream videos, play games online, as well as carry out numerous other activities. For you to get powerful 4G LTE routers to try one with a dual-core processor. You will never go wrong with such a router.
What Power Options Does It Have?
4G LTE routers will provide power in different ways. For example, some of the devices require to be plugged into mains power to work. The electric connection must be on all the time. Still, there are several which require to be charged for them to work. If it comes with built-in batteries, it is likely to be heavy. However, such devices are easy to charge either via USB or other adapters.
Is It MU-MIMO Compatible?
MU-MMO is a common term you will come across when buying a 4G LTE router. It is important that the router you buy is multi-user, multi-input, and multi-output. Whether in the office or at home, the device should be able to support multiple users. That way, you should be able to support all the people that would need to use it. In the same way, it should have several input options including the type of networks you could use.
Most of the routers on the market today support both 3G and 4G networks. The same goes for the ability to provide multiple outputs. That simply means that the signal should provide different speeds to enable you to go online to play games and stream movies.
What Kind Of Router Is It?
4G LTE routers come in different types, namely the regular, USB modem, and the mobile Wi-Fi or MiFi. We look at each one of these types of routers in detail below:
- The Regular Router: This is the most common type of 4G LTE router you are likely to come across. It features a slim slot and several Ethernet ports for a more stable wired connection. The other name for this kind of device is the enterprise router.
- The USB Modem: Some call it the USB dongle. With this kind of device, you can easily plug into a PC or tablet and connect to the internet. It is usually portable, small, and lightweight. It can easily fit into your pocket or purse so that you can carry it with you wherever you go. This device is easy to use but it requires a software installation to provide internet to your PC or mobile devices.
- Mobile Wi-Fi or MiFi router: Even though closely related to the enterprise router, this kind of device is smaller in size and doesn’t have Ethernet ports. If you like getting internet connectivity on the go, this is the right type of 4G LTE router for you. It will also work for families looking for a simple way to connect to the internet. It might be larger than the USB router, but it is still easier to carry.
How Many SIM Slots Should A 4G LTE Router Have?
One of the biggest determinants of the internet speed in your home will be the service provider you have. The quality of coverage by service providers will differ depending on whether the network is in urban or rural areas.
So, you need to be careful when choosing a service provider. Essentially, the network around your home or office should be strong enough. If you are always on the go, then buy a router with two SIM slots with the ability to switch between different providers.
What Other Considerations Should You Look At?
- Screen Size: Mobile Wi-Fi devices or MiFis may feature display screens through which you can see the device’s status. Through it, you will also see the name of the current network as well as your password. So, make sure that the screen is extremely easy to read.
- Usability: Most of the 4G LTE routers featured here are easy to use. For example, reading and changing the settings on the screen is simple and easy. For such devices, you don’t need a user manual.
- Battery Life: It is important to have a 4G LTE router with a battery that lasts for 10 hours or more. That way, you won’t have to worry about having to recharge the device while it is still in use. That’s especially if you need the device at work.
- USB Tethering: Sometimes you will need to use your router in areas with large crowds. In such places, it is likely that there will be numerous other Wi-Fi signals. Where possible, discretely connect your router to your laptop via USB and get browsing.
- Universal Charging: This feature cannot be overlooked, given that you can forget to carry your charger. In that case, you can use that for your tablet or phone.
As you can see, there are several 4G LTE routers that you can pick. But that doesn’t make your buying decisions easier to make. In this review, we have discussed 10 of the best 4G LTE routers with the aim of showing we just what you should expect. Together with the buying guide, these reviews should open your eyes to the nitty-gritty that goes into buying a 4G LTE device.