Your home internet is incredibly fast. Your office internet can download the entire Game of Thrones in less than an hour. The wifi adapter allows you to connect all your devices and enjoy the blessings of the Internet. It’s all fun until you decide to go to remote places where there’s no internet connection or a camping trip, where only your phone can access the internet.
So, what do you do to ensure that all your devices are connected to high-speed internet – just as is the case in your home? Sadly, your phone’s hotspot won’t cut it, even if its 4G enabled. The solution here is to use a 4G LTE ROUTER! With this device, you can easily connect all your phones, tablets, and laptops to the internet from one single location. Better yet, knowing that you are using fast speed internet on a connection you can trust is fulfilling.
But hey! Not all such routers would do the job right. Some may lag; others may stop working after some time; and others have a very small range to keep you sorted. To ensure you get the right fit, we have researched on your behalf, carefully selecting 10 best 4G LTE routers to ensure you enjoy fast, secure connection anywhere.
Top 10 4G LTE Routers of 2020 Reviewed
1. ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band 10 Gigabit Wi-Fi Router[wt_products id=”3232″ template=”5″]
2. MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4-COMBO 4G/LTE Router[wt_products id=”3233″ template=”5″]
3. NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem – Instant Broadband Connection[wt_products id=”3238″ template=”5″]
4. Huawei B310s-518 Unlocked 4G LTE CPE 150 Mbps Mobile Wi-Fi Router[wt_products id=”3235″ template=”5″]
5. Jetpack Verizon Mi-Fi 6620L Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot[wt_products id=”3236″ template=”5″]
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot 4G LTE Router MR1100[wt_products id=”3238″ template=”5″]
7. KuWFi 4G LTE CPE Wireless Wi-Fi Internet Router[wt_products id=”3239″ template=”5″]
8. 4G LTE Router Sim Card Wi-Fi Wireless Modem Extender by TAKTIKAL[wt_products id=”3240″ template=”5″]
9. 4G LTE + Advanced OpenWRT Cat6 Unlocked SIM Router Modem by TAKTIKAL[wt_products id=”3241″ template=”5″]
10. TP-Link M7350 Hotspot Movel – 4G LTE – 150 Mbps[wt_products id=”3263″ template=”5″]
How to Choose The Best 4G LTE Router- The Ultimate Buying Guide
Are you looking for a 4G LTE Router? The kind of device you will buy depends on many factors. While some people go looking for a router for gaming, others just want one that can enable them to easily connect to the internet.
The good thing with some 4G LTE routers is that they are highly portable. You can easily carry one from home to your place of work without having to worry about weight and size. The following are some of the factors you must consider before settling on a particular router.
Can The Router Connect Multiple Devices?
The number of devices that can be connected to a 4G LTE router may vary from one case to another. At the very minimum, you should be able to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices. These include mobile phones, laptops, tablets, and so on. Whether at home or in the office, you will be able to provide Wi-Fi connectivity to your family, friends, and colleagues.
For as long as you are within the reach of a 4G mobile network, you will be able to provide for yourself and others a reliable internet connection. In a hotel room, it will no longer be necessary to depend on the onsite W-Fi which can be slower than you would expect. At the same time, the cost of having your own Wi-Fi network is way cheaper than that provided by your hotel. So, make sure that your 4G LTE router supports multiple devices and has fast download speeds.
Does The Router Have Gigabit Ethernet Ports?
It is not enough to have a router that provides Wi-Fi connectivity. Make sure that it also has one or more Ethernet ports. One of the main reasons Ethernet is preferred over Wi-Fi is that it provides the best lag/latency. But not all Ethernet ports work the same way.
Having Gigabit Ethernet ports enhances the performance of the network, especially when gaming. That’s mainly because it will be able to support maximum download speeds of 1000 Mbps.
What Type Of Band Does It Use?
It is possible that the router you buy will not be able to provide an internet connection via Ethernet. That’s why it is important to check the Wi-Fi band provided by the router. The lowest and older band is 2.4 GHz while the highest has a 5 GHz. While the 2.4 GHz band may not be strong enough, it still has the widest reach compared to other 4G LTE routers.
Utilizing the AC standard, the newer 5 GHz router will be the best. However, there are several routers on the market which are considered dual-band. So, they have both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. That way, the router will be enabled to broadcast the Wi-Fi signal on two frequencies. That way, you will enjoy fast and seamless 4K and HD streaming.
How Fast Is The Processor?
A good 4G LTE router is as good as the hardware used to make it. Among the things to look at include the RAM and the processor. How great these two aspects are, will determine has fast and flawless you will be able to stream videos, play games online, as well as carry out numerous other activities. For you to get powerful 4G LTE routers to try one with a dual-core processor. You will never go wrong with such a router.
What Power Options Does It Have?
4G LTE routers will provide power in different ways. For example, some of the devices require to be plugged into mains power to work. The electric connection must be on all the time. Still, there are several which require to be charged for them to work. If it comes with built-in batteries, it is likely to be heavy. However, such devices are easy to charge either via USB or other adapters.
Is It MU-MIMO Compatible?
MU-MMO is a common term you will come across when buying a 4G LTE router. It is important that the router you buy is multi-user, multi-input, and multi-output. Whether in the office or at home, the device should be able to support multiple users. That way, you should be able to support all the people that would need to use it. In the same way, it should have several input options including the type of networks you could use.
Most of the routers on the market today support both 3G and 4G networks. The same goes for the ability to provide multiple outputs. That simply means that the signal should provide different speeds to enable you to go online to play games and stream movies.
What Kind Of Router Is It?
4G LTE routers come in different types, namely the regular, USB modem, and the mobile Wi-Fi or MiFi. We look at each one of these types of routers in detail below:
- The Regular Router: This is the most common type of 4G LTE router you are likely to come across. It features a slim slot and several Ethernet ports for a more stable wired connection. The other name for this kind of device is the enterprise router.
- The USB Modem: Some call it the USB dongle. With this kind of device, you can easily plug into a PC or tablet and connect to the internet. It is usually portable, small, and lightweight. It can easily fit into your pocket or purse so that you can carry it with you wherever you go. This device is easy to use but it requires a software installation to provide internet to your PC or mobile devices.
- Mobile Wi-Fi or MiFi router: Even though closely related to the enterprise router, this kind of device is smaller in size and doesn’t have Ethernet ports. If you like getting internet connectivity on the go, this is the right type of 4G LTE router for you. It will also work for families looking for a simple way to connect to the internet. It might be larger than the USB router, but it is still easier to carry.
How Many SIM Slots Should A 4G LTE Router Have?
One of the biggest determinants of the internet speed in your home will be the service provider you have. The quality of coverage by service providers will differ depending on whether the network is in urban or rural areas.
So, you need to be careful when choosing a service provider. Essentially, the network around your home or office should be strong enough. If you are always on the go, then buy a router with two SIM slots with the ability to switch between different providers.
What Other Considerations Should You Look At?
- Screen Size: Mobile Wi-Fi devices or MiFis may feature display screens through which you can see the device’s status. Through it, you will also see the name of the current network as well as your password. So, make sure that the screen is extremely easy to read.
- Usability: Most of the 4G LTE routers featured here are easy to use. For example, reading and changing the settings on the screen is simple and easy. For such devices, you don’t need a user manual.
- Battery Life: It is important to have a 4G LTE router with a battery that lasts for 10 hours or more. That way, you won’t have to worry about having to recharge the device while it is still in use. That’s especially if you need the device at work.
- USB Tethering: Sometimes you will need to use your router in areas with large crowds. In such places, it is likely that there will be numerous other Wi-Fi signals. Where possible, discretely connect your router to your laptop via USB and get browsing.
- Universal Charging: This feature cannot be overlooked, given that you can forget to carry your charger. In that case, you can use that for your tablet or phone.
As you can see, there are several 4G LTE routers that you can pick. But that doesn’t make your buying decisions easier to make. In this review, we have discussed 10 of the best 4G LTE routers with the aim of showing we just what you should expect. Together with the buying guide, these reviews should open your eyes to the nitty-gritty that goes into buying a 4G LTE device.