The gods of technology have done it yet again, gracing our kitchens with a reasonably decent solution, in the form of the air fryer. The air fryer will allow you to not only “fry” your food faster and more efficiently, but also allow you to enjoy those chicken wings without necessarily drenching them in oil.
In your quest of choosing an air fryer, it’s rather important first of all to ask yourself why you want one in the first place. It’s not uncommon for lovers of food to claim that these air fryers can’t quite bring out that traditional texture and taste of fried foods. However, these kitchen appliances have been proven to still deliver that crispiness on the outside of your food while retaining the moisture in its insides, all without the need for all that oil.
The air fryers do this by circulating hot air, enabling it to food faster than your typical oven, by only using a fraction of the oil you’d use in your traditional deep fryers. The air fryers are also countertop, meaning they can be relocated to fit your kitchen space. It’s no wonder that these machines have gained such popularity within recent times.
There is quite a wide variety of air fryers on the market. This may burden you while trying to choose one. Well, you can put your worries aside because we’ve already done our research and we bring you 10 of the best air fryers on the market.
Top 10 Air Fryers of 2020 Reviewed
1. Cuisinart AFR-25 Air Fryer[wt_products id=”3346″ template=”5″]
2. Ninja Air Fryer[wt_products id=”3349″ template=”5″]
3. Omorc 6 quart air fryer[wt_products id=”3351″ template=”5″]
4. T-fal FZ700251 Actifry Oil Less Air Fryer[wt_products id=”3354″ template=”5″]
5. Philips TurboStar Technology Airfryer[wt_products id=”3356″ template=”5″]
6. Gowise USA 1700-watt 5.8-qt 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer[wt_products id=”3358″ template=”5″]
7. COSORI Air Fryer, MAX XL 5.8-Quart,1700-Watt Electric Hot Air Fryers Oven & Oilless Cooker[wt_products id=”3361″ template=”5″]
8. Ultrean Air Fryer[wt_products id=”3363″ template=”5″]
9. Innsky Air Fryer 5.8QT[wt_products id=”3365″ template=”5″]
10. Dash Compact Air Fryer[wt_products id=”3368″ template=”5″]
How to Choose the Best Air Fryer – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Everyone loves junk, the only difference is, some find it hard to keep off of it than others. But what if you didn’t have to keep off the junk to avoid the high cholesterol entirely? Sounds enticing! Right?
Well, let’s ‘say, finding an air fryer is not a big deal. They are flooded in the market. However, finding the best air fryer becomes the trick. See, there are so many considerations that you have to keep in mind before you finally land on the best air fryer, and this is what we are all about right now! Let’s dive right!
Go for the right size
If you have not owned an air fryer before, then you agree with us that the first decision is always the hardest yet the most important. You need to look for the right size of the air fryer that will cater to the whole family. These smart ovens are usually measured in quarts and rang between 2.75 to 6.0. It’s pretty obvious to say that many people buy these ovens for fries, even though they are much more capable of preparing other meals. So, you don’t want to end up buying an oven that will leave making one helping after the other to feed the whole family.
Before you cash out the check, be sure to run both interior and exterior measurements. It should be able to fit on the counter where you intend to place it as well as prepare a serving for everyone at once.
Is It much easier to clean
You will need to clean the air fryer as much as you use it. Before you bag the fryer and head home, be sure it will not give you a headache trying to clean the interior. The best air fryers are not only big enough for your whole family but also easy to clean. Best tip! Look for one with a removable drawer. Their removable drawer eases the cleaning process of the device leaving fresh and clean all through.
How much power do you need?
Imagine having a fryer that takes ages to get even the least complex meals done on time. No one wants to wait for ages for the food to get ready and that’s why, when choosing an air fryer, you should go for one with a higher wattage. Higher wattage translates to a much more powerful device that is more efficient and gives an enhanced cooking time.
Is the Brand name a thing to consider?
When it come s to electronics, a brand name can mean everything. This is because some brands have very long-standing experience in the art and hence offer more value and quality compared to the new entry-level brands. The entry-level, though in some cases may have great quality products, they still need to gain some level of confidence from the consumers. For example, a brand like Philips which has been in the market for decades puts a lot of R&D in the hot air fryers hence bringing you unbeatable products.
You should think about compatible accessories too!
When purchasing an air fryer, think about the accessories that will work together with the device to help you achieve more from the device. Whether you are planning to purchase one just for chips or for more variety of meals, we suggest that you go for one that will support a wide variety of accessories.
Imagine purchasing an air fryer that ends up sitting in the pantry until that day you crave the fries again? It doesn’t make sense. Does it? Well, you are going to be making huge investments when buying an air fryer, so we suggest you buy one that will help you achieve a wealthy number of delicacies. Accessories range from baking trays, a grilling plate, and even a skewering rack.
Type of controls: should you go digital or dial?
Air fryers work in a rather interesting way. They use two basic types of controls: dial controls, and digital controls to operate. The dial type of controls come in a basic form and involve temperature control and a timer only. These types of controls are less accurate when compared to digital ones. They also come with a ring sound (Ding) when the time is up. If you opt for the dial-up controls, then be sure to go for those which feature a period longer than 30 minutes cooking time.
If you opt for the digital control system, go for one that is user-friendly. Most digital controls are touch-enabled, and often, some are difficult to understand, especially the icon sets. Look for one that you can be able to understand. Again, be on the lookout for preprogrammed cooking settings, and alarms which remind you when the food is ready.
What should you know about air fryers before you buy a new one?
If you are considering buying an air fryer, there are a few additions points that you should keep in mind so you don’t get frustrated after unboxing the new kitchen mate and find out it can’t meet all your expectations.
- Most air fryers can only cook one meal at a time. Don’t expect to make grilled chicken thighs and crispy fries all at one.
- With most air fryers, you may end up spending roughly the same amount of cooking time with the fryer as is with other cookers.
- If you are hosting an event, you may have to use a couple of the fryers at a go to meet the demand. They don’t hold much.
- If you are not careful, you may end up buying an air fryer that uses much more energy than your average oven.
Things To Avoid or Pay Attention To
- We talked about the power of the air fryer; the more the wattage, the more power it harbors. You should pay very much attention to the power consumption of these appliances. Some of them may consume more power than your average oven and end up doing more harm than good.
- Again, pay attention to the body build and also the certification. When dealing with electrical appliances, safety is a primary concern. You don’t want to end up putting the fire off because you were deceived by the mere number of features the fryer has to offer. Check whether the fryer is ETL listed and whether its body can withstand great amounts of heat.
- You should also avoid buying a fryer that comes with a considerable warranty policy; by that, we mean at least one year +. Should you experience any challenges, you will need it.
- Again, avoid fryers that don’t come with a user’s guide. We know you have an idea around how they work and maybe you have even used one before. But what happens if you get stuck in the middle, or you have someone else doing the cooking for you?
By now we are confident in you. You have all it takes for you to go out there and indulge in all the shopping you can do for an air fryer. Shopping for these appliances doesn’t have to be rocket science without few tips. You can be confident you have all the information you need to make the right decision for your kitchen needs. Air Fryers are a great addition to any kitchen. They not only make a kitchen look complete, but also give you the confidence of a professional chef. Now go and craft something delicious; it’s about that time.