Guys, here’s the deal.
When you come home from work or after training sessions at the gym, you need a soap that will get rid of that grime, leave your body incredibly clean, and skin smelling nice. Sadly, not many soaps can guarantee all these while at the same time, not leave your skin very dry.
So, what is the solution? While you could share the body wash your significant other uses, chances are it won’t work for you…..you know, the flowery fragrance and all! You need something that’s specifically designed for men, something that will work for your skin. We are talking about a BODY WASH FOR MEN!
Sometimes known as a shower gel, body wash for men allows you to cover your whole body with just a small portion. They are designed to get rid of dirt with a single wash while making you smell nice. You’ll actually feel a few inches taller and, of course, have that bounce in your stride.
Picking the best body wash for men is, however, a challenge considering the many options available out there. Don’t worry, though — we are here to help you. Go through our review and find out great body wash you can buy today and some few tips to help you discover the right one.
Top 10 Body Wash For Men of 2020 Reviewed
1. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Sulfate-Free Bath, and Shower Gel
- All-natural ingredients
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Has a rich, natural lather
- Thinner than the other body washes
- Reports of allergic reactions
- Doesn't specify how much you should use
Best Sulfate-Free Shower Gel for Men
Even though it was established only recently, the Puracy line of beauty products is quickly becoming popular. This particular body wash comes with a Sea Salt and Citrus scent. It is created to work with all skin types but is especially great on sensitive skin. That’s because it doesn’t include the skin-irritating sulfates, which can leave your skin dry and itchy. In fact, this is an all-natural formula free of artificial phosphates, parabens, dyes, and fragrances.
The Puracy Natural Body Wash has been created by a team of Ph.D. chemists, whom you can trust to come up with the best body wash for your skin. It contains pink Himalayan salt, which exfoliates, balances, and hydrates all skin types. Coco Glycinate is responsible for the rich foam of this body wash. It has no effect on the pH of the outer skin and will therefore not cause irritation, redness, and dryness. That’s why the makers recommend it for use by men with dermatitis or eczema.
If you are a follower of the vegan movement, this is the right body wash for you. the ingredients used to make it haven’t been tested on animals and PETA has certified them cruel-free. Because of the fragrance, even women can use it.
2. Every Man Jack Body Wash and Shower Gel Cedarwood
- Produced a rich, creamy lather
- Contains coconut extracts, essential oils, and glycerin
- Does not have a trace of harsh chemicals
- Reports of a missing cedarwood scent
- Smells like natural medicine
- Not good for sensitive skin
Best Cedarwood Body Wash for Men
There is a misconception that effective, high-quality skincare products cannot be affordable. The Every Man Jack Body Wash is not just effective, but it is of the highest quality and affordable. It is designed to deeply cleanse your skin from the inside out. Thus, you don’t just end up washing the surface – you clean the pores too. With this kind of action, you do not have to be afraid about your skin drying up after the shower.
It boasts of all-natural, plant-based ingredients. As such, it has no parabens, phthalates, dyes, and GMOs. The GMO part is sweet news to those who practice veganism. By using this product, they are able to avoid the guilt of being cruel to the animals. While other ingredients play an important role, the cleansing is mainly done by coconut extracts.
This body wash provides a fresh, refreshing feel, thanks to rosemary and sage essential oils. Add to that the moisturizing effects of glycerin and you have a complete skincare product. The environmentally conscious makers of this body wash have designed their bottles partly using recycled plastic. You can also rest assured that this body wash is cruelty-free. There is no way that your conscience will be pricked simply by using this product.
3. Brickwell Men’s Invigorating Mint Body Wash for Men
- An all-natural, organic body wash
- Deeply cleans the skin, getting rid of oil
- Has a strong, refreshing mint scent
- It lathers well with generous amounts
- A costly small bottle
- Reports of the bottle lacking a seal
Best Mint Body Wash for Men
In today’s health-conscious world, everything from food to cosmetics is going organic. The Brickwell Men’s Invigorating Mint Body Wash doesn’t just claim to be organic. Rather, its ingredients are independently certified organic. It contains glycerin, jojoba oil, aloe vera. After every wash, you risk having dry skin. Glycerin kicks in and quickly restore the moisture in your skin. Jojoba oil, on the other hand, is an effective anti-bacterial, which also eliminates skin oil. Aloe vera also plays a role in skin hydration and provides vitamins.
This is a mint-scented product with the ability to remove sweat, oil, and grime from deep down the skin. Unlike other products that leave your skin dry, this particular one restores moisture. It works very well for all skin types, whether it is oily skin, sensitive skin, itchy skin or dry skin. Everyone will find this body wash to be comfortable to the skin.
In addition to the ingredients listed above, it contains coconut oil and tea tree oil. It is completely free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and silicone. This cruel-free, organic body wash is great for those already into the vegan movement. You can use it without feeling guilty about anything.
4. Cremo All-Season Body Wash
- A lasting, fresh, masculine fragrance
- Deeply cleanses the skin
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Packaged in an easy-to-break bottle
- Not a long-lasting body wash
- The lid may arrive unscrewed
Best All-Season Body Wash for Men
When can you really say that a man has a perfect smell? A man can only smell good if he takes a shower using the right body wash. The Cremo All-Season Body Wash features a cedar and cypress scent, which is characteristically masculine. When you start using it, people will begin to recognize you for the man you are. In addition to the masculine scent, it has a great moisturizing formula. The main hydrating ingredient in this formula is marula oil, which is also known to balance the skin.
Like all of the premier body washes, this particular product is not the result of guesswork. It was meticulously developed by a team of top-ranking scent specialists. That’s the reason it features a uniquely masculine scent that will make you feel like a man once again. The moment you begin to pour the product out of the bottle, you begin to get a whiff of its rich fragrance.
So if you are looking for a balanced, nice-smelling body wash for men, try this particular product. It will save you the hassle of having to look for a strong cologne to get you through the day.
5. Oleavine TheraTree Tea Tree Oil Soap with Neem Oil
- Has a concentrated, long-lasting formula
- Tea tree oil cleanses the skin and controls complexion
- A steam-distilled formula
- Not great for sensitive skin
- May not be effective in killing fungus
- The scent is not very clear
Best Tea Tree Body Wash for Men
The Oleavine TheraTree Tea Tree Oil Soap is one of the best when it comes to anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It will get rid of any skin bacteria and inflammation that causes soreness on the skin. That’s thanks to the tea-tree oil contained in it. In addition to tea tree oil, this body wash contains other organic and natural ingredients. You don’t have to worry about having to contend with the harmful phosphates, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, and dyes.
It is basically, a concentrated liquid formula capable of producing a rich foam quickly and is gentle for everyday use. It deeply cleanses the skin leaving it refreshed. What the body was lacking in harsh ingredients it compensates through an array of natural additives. They include neem oil, tea tree oil, and mint essential oil. Apart from being gentle to the skin, these ingredients provide a characteristically reinvigorating experience.
With this body wash, you can say goodbye to skin discomfort, poor complexion, and bad odor. These oils are known to contain microbial properties, which means they kill odor-producing bacteria, thus leaving your skin refreshed. What more could you ask for?
6. Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Body Wash
- Includes a 100 percent pure tea tree oil
- Ingredients have anti-microbial properties
- A balanced aroma
- May worsen acne
- May not relieve itchy skin
- Reports of it not lathering up
Best TTea Tree Shower Gel for Men
Just like any of the other tea tree containing body washes, this Botanical Hearth product is great for body odor, foot fungus, and all manner of bacterial and fungus issues. But just how it removes body odor. It gets rid of the bacteria and fungus that form on the skin, thus enabling you to remain with a fresh-smelling skin. Some of the conditions it can get rid of include yeast, jock itch, ringworm, athletes’ feet, and so on.
The good thing about this product is that it contains 100 percent pure tea tree oil. But why is this important? When it is 100 percent pure, the tea tree provides all the benefits you are looking for in an anti-microbial body wash. All of the other organic ingredients of this product are also 100 percent pure. Since it is an all-natural product, this body doesn’t contain any parabens and harmful chemicals.
The scent is also great. To mitigate the strong smell of tea tree oil, the makers of this product have included sea buckthorn and peppermint oil. What you get is a pleasantly surprising aroma.
7. Jack Black Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser Hair and Body Wash
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- A great luxurious scent
- Getting rid of sweat and oil completely
- A leaky bottle
- Too costly for the amount in the bottle
- No scent after the shower
Best Hair and Body Wash for Men
Who doesn’t want a skin that feels clean all the time? However, what you may not like is a body wash that leaves you dry and famished once it is through with the cleaning process. If you want a body wash that’s capable of restoring your skin’s hydration then buy the Turbo Hair and Body Wash. Since it doesn’t contain any sulfates, the formula functions in a unique way to keep your skin clean and hydrated.
For this product, the makers use certified organic ingredients including rosemary extract. Rosemary has calming effects and even anti-microbial properties. Another key ingredient is the invigorating and decongesting eucalyptus. As for juniper, it is an effective anti-inflammatory. It rejuvenates the skin and effectively relieves it of oxidative stress.
To minimize bruising, swelling, and pain the makers of this body wash have included arnica extract. The main foaming ingredient is a coconut-extracted surfactant known as Cocamidopropyl. It gently cleanses the skin leaving it soft and moisturized. Shea butter ensures that the skin remains hydrated for longer. All of these ingredients are all-natural and cruelty-free. No guilt, just a body wash!
8. Burt’s Bees Natural Skin Care Body Wash for Men
- Great for all skin types
- A refreshing citrus scent
- All-natural ingredients with no chemicals
- A relatively thin consistency
- The lather is not as rich as you would expect
- Reports of the scent being weak
Best Body Wash for All Skin Types
When it comes to buying a body wash, the fancy ones may not be as effective in cleansing your skin of oil, sweat, and grime. Since all you want is a body wash, insisting on passing fads won’t work. The Burt’s Bees Natural Skin Care Body Wash for Men is neither fancy nor expensive. However, it has a very pleasant scent which will make you feel like the man you really are.
This is an all-natural body wash that does not contain additives such as sulfates and parabens, which can leave your skin irritated. It is, therefore, great for people of all skin types. In fact, some of the past users have given it positive reviews and high ratings. If you were looking for an excuse not to buy this product, take the past users at their word. They have tested and seen that this body wash is perfect.
Apart from the dirt on the skin, this product also gets rid of bad odor. Importantly, it has a woodsy, masculine scent, which you will love. The smell is a combination of citrus, cypress, and fir. The coconut oil extract is the main cleansing ingredient. It also keeps your skin moisturized.
9. Marlowe No. 103 Men’s Body Wash
- Features all-natural ingredients
- The smell is woodsy, natural, and great
- Friendly to the environment
- Reports of the lather being inadequate
- The bottle may leak during shipping
- The quantity in the bottle may not be adequate
Best Body Wash with Green Tea Extract
Marlowe is a renowned brand of skincare products and this body wash is just one. For years, the company has been making simple but extremely effective products. As such the Marlowe No. 103 Men’s Body Wash is a perfect blend of all-natural ingredients that go a long way to cleanse, nourish, and protect your skin. Examples of ingredients used in this product include willow bark extract, passion fruit flower, and green tea. It doesn’t contain the harsh chemical ingredients that irritate the skin. Thus, it is safe to use on the skin and also protects the environment.
The body wash does more than just cleanse the skin. It also repairs, nourishes, revitalizes, and smoothens the skin. If you have sensitive skin, this is the body wash you should use. The mild ingredients do not have a harsh effect on the skin.
When it comes to the scent, this product combines the goodness of agarwood and sandalwood. It basically has a manly fragrance that quickly gets rid of the sweaty smell and bad odor. Once you finish taking a shower, the scent tends to linger for a long time. You wouldn’t find a body wash that solves your body odor issues like this one.
10. Remedy Antifungal Soap
- An effective antifungal and anti-bacterial product
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- Hydrates dry skin in both men and women
- Reports of yeast not going away
- More costly than other products
- Reports of the scent being mild
Best Anti-Fungal Shower Gel for Men
It helps to buy a body wash that works for you as well as your woman. That way, you will have no reason to buy separate products for each one of you. The Remedy Antifungal Soap is a unisex body wash that works for him and her. It can help you and your loved ones fight the unwanted fungal infections that come from time to time. The active ingredients in this product include jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and aloe vera. With all of these, the product is able to relieve your dry, itchy skin.
If you and your woman lead active lifestyles, you can’t find a better body wash than this. It effectively gets rid of fungal infections and covers you with a fresh scent. Importantly, you do not have to worry about getting exposed to the danger of the harsh chemicals used in similar products. This product contains all-natural ingredients, which protect, nourish, and heal the skin.
One thing you can be sure of is that this product will not leave your skin dry and scorched. Instead, it softens, soothes, moisturizes, and hydrates the skin during and after the shower. It is perfect for people with dry skin. Soon your skin will feel soft and supple.
How to Choose The Best Body Wash for Men- The Ultimate Buying Guide
Buying a body wash for men is not as easy as you might think. There is so much that goes into making a body wash in terms of ingredients that you cannot just walk into a store and pick a product from the shelf. After all, people have different skin types. While some have sensitive or dry skin, others have a normal skin type. So it is important to protect your skin even as clean it. Here are some of the things you must consider in order to pick the perfect body wash.
Types of Body Wash
There are three main types of body wash products including moisturizing, exfoliating, and shower gel washes. Here is a detailed look at each of the three types of body washes.
- Moisturizing Wash: When you have dry skin or not, you need to stay hydrated and the best way to do so is to buy a moisturizing body wash. The product should have the ability to hydrate your skin during and after the shower. Thus, your skin will retain its elasticity and suppleness. What more could you want?
- Exfoliating Wash: If you find a body was abrasive, then it probably has exfoliating properties. Such washes help remove dead cells that build up on the skin. Exfoliators are great for rough, dry, cracked skin. They remove dead skin cells from various body parts including your back, knees, and elbows.
- Gel wash: Shower gels are great skin cleansers. They remove the sweat, oil, and grime leaving the skin fresh. They are made with a thicker consistency. The best among the shower gels are known to produce a thick refreshing lather. If you have blemish-prone skin, this is the best body wash for you. While some may only work on dry skin, others work on all skin types.
What Ingredients Is The Body Wash Made Of?
When it comes to the ingredients used to make body wash products, it is either natural or non-natural. So, you must carefully look at the list of ingredients before settling on a specific body wash. That way, you will know if the product is safe for your skin or not. Now a detailed look at the two typed of body wash ingredients.
1. Non-Natural Ingredients
Buy a body wash with non-natural ingredients if your skin is less reactive. These products are usually less costly than those with all-natural ingredients. The only thing is that you will have to bear with the harsh chemicals that come with these products. Take note of the fact that a majority of the body washes in the market have one kind of non-natural ingredients or the other.
What Is The Alternative? Of course, if you forfeit the synthetic body washes, then you will have to buy the all-natural ones. In that case, you will have to compromise on the lathering ability of these products. People with sensitive skin types should avoid body wash products with synthetic ingredients like the plague.
Things To Avoid Or To Be Super-Attentive To. With chemical-based body wash products, you cannot ignore the ingredients. If a product contains known allergens, steer clear of it. You are better off buying all-natural products.
2. Natural Ingredients
When you see a body wash labeled “natural”, it contains natural ingredients by up to 99 percent. As such, an all-natural body wash would have a base oil like coconut oil and several essential oils. Most of these ingredients come directly from nature and work well for people with sensitive skin types. These products rarely come with harsh fragrances, preservatives, and dyes. Thus, using all-natural body wash is safe, since it does not expose you to the harsh chemicals. If you have blemish-prone skin, this is the right body wash for you.
What is the alternative? Of course, the alternative would be the body wash products containing synthetic ingredients. However, anyone with sensitive skin should stick with all-natural products.
Things to avoid or be super attentive to. Just like for the synthetic body wash products, pay attention to the list of ingredients. While the ingredients are all-natural, some still cause allergies. So make sure you know what you are exposing your skin to before buying. Another issue with all-natural body wash products is that they can be very expensive. Still, you will be able to get some that actually cost less. Since they are free of sulfates, some of these products may not foam as much as expected. If that’s an issue, don’t ignore it.
What Type Of Skin Do You Have?
One thing you must take cognizant of is your skin type. That’s something only you can know for sure. Once you know your skin type, it becomes easier to choose an appropriate body wash. But that doesn’t mean that your skin type will always be clear-cut. In fact, you might be one of those people with a skin type that straddles between two or more of the well-known skin types. However, characteristically, one can have acne-prone, dry or sensitive skin.
- Acne-Prone Skin: Most people have acne to a varying degree. For the majority, acne manifests itself on the face. Yet, others have it on their arms or the rest of the body. If you are in the mid-thirties, you are likely to develop acne on the face. That’s why you should pay attention to the kind of body wash you choose. The right body wash helps you to manage and get rid of the acne. In that case, you should buy exfoliating body wash which opens up the pores. Also, it should have anti-inflammatory ingredients such as tea tree.
- Dry Skin: Some skins just do not seem to be affected by moisturizers, creams, and other skincare products. That’s what’s known as dry skin. The right body wash for such people is one that can open up the pores so that the other products work effectively. As you try to solve issues with your dry skin, avoid anything with harsh chemicals. The best body wash products for you are those that can re-hydrate the skin. One of the best ingredients to consider is Shea butter. Also, replace gel with the creamier formulas.
- Sensitive Skin: For people with sensitive skin, nothing seems to work just fine. You may not have blemishes but you will get minor reactions just for using certain products. In that case, you shouldn’t buy a body wash with harsh chemicals. The best body washes for you would be one made from all-natural ingredients. Avoid anything with synthetic fragrances or dyes. However, anything like coconut oil, glycerin, and additional moisturizers is welcome.
How Will You Apply The Body Wash?
One thing about body wash products is that they have to be applied in a certain way. Body wash products are applied in any of three ways including with a washcloth, sponge or loofah. Just how do you use each of the applicators?
- Washcloth: A washcloth is the simplest way you can apply a body wash. It is somewhere in the middle when it comes to abrasiveness. However, they are still as effective as you would expect.
- Loofah: Loofahs are perhaps the best skin exfoliators. They are natural and work effectively to remove dead skin cells all over the body. Just scrub gently and the dead skin cells will be gone in a whiff. However, it needs to have a stick attachment if it is meant for washing the back.
- Sponges: If you have sensitive skin, you need a sponge. They are very effective exfoliators but not in a very abrasive way.
How Long Will It Last On The Shelf?
Who wants to end up with an expired body wash? Regardless of the ingredients, using an expired body wash will harm you. For the all-natural body wash products, the shelf life ranges between six months and a year. Unlike the chemical body wash products, they do not have preservatives and may expire very quickly. When natural ingredients expire, they form bacteria, which can be harmful to your skin.
So far, we have looked at 10 body wash products you might want to consider buying. Given the detailed reviews, you should be in a good position to get one that really works for you. Also, check the buying guide to see what you could be missing out on. Whatever you do, make sure you have a body wash of some sort. Otherwise, how are you going to shower?