Cats can be anxious and perplexed sometimes. Just like you need to relax and have some peace of mind, your little furry friend also deserves that! Yes, you feed it well and you’ve got a perfect shelter for her, but that’s not enough. You need to go the extra mile and get it a nice hammock that will offer it an elevated perch to survey their kingdom.
A cat hammock allows your pet to relax and remain elevated as they take a nap – they love that! There are options that can be attached to the window, giving your cat a birds-eye view on the outside environment. There are also cool models that can be attached to the chair or mounted on the wall. If you can afford it, you can get one that doubles as a cat tree and a hammock. They deserve it!
If you are looking to step up your game and get your little furry friend a nice napping place, read on and discover some of the best cat hammocks in the market. You will love them!
Top 10 Cat Hammocks of 2020 Reviewed
1. AmazonBasics Cat Scratching Post and Hammock[wt_products id=”3899″ template=”5″]
2. Kitty Cot Original World’s Best Cat Perch[wt_products id=”3897″ template=”5″]
3. PETPAWJOY Cat Bed, Cat Window Seat Suction Cups Space Saving Cat Hammock[wt_products id=”3895″ template=”5″]
4. Pidan Cat Hammock Cat Lounge Beds for Indoor Pet Wooden Frame Hanging Beds[wt_products id=”3892″ template=”5″]
5. NOYAL Cat Resting Seat Perch Window Hammock Cats Kitty Safety Bed[wt_products id=”3890″ template=”5″]
6. Pestages Cat Scratcher Cat Hammock Cat Scratching Post[wt_products id=”3888″ template=”5″]
7. K&H Pet Products Kitty Sill Cat Window Hammock Perch[wt_products id=”3886″ template=”5″]
8. PERSUPER Elevated Cat Beds Cat Hammock[wt_products id=”3885″ template=”5″]
9. Trixie Baza Grande, Baza Senior, Scratching Post, Cat Tree with Hammock[wt_products id=”3882″ template=”5″]
10. CUSSFULL Cat Hammock Bed Comfortable Hanging Pet Hammock Bed[wt_products id=”3880″ template=”5″]
How to Choose the Best Cat Hammock: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Among the reasons you should buy a cat hammock is to make your home more attractive. However, enhancing the levels of comfort for your cat should also be a good reason. If anything, cats enjoy it when they are able to sway on the hammock. But you have to make sure that you buy the right cat hammock. To achieve that, you may want to pay attention to the following aspects.
Type of Cat Hammock
There are several types of cat hammocks that you might want to consider buying. They include the following:
- Hanging Hammock Bed. A hanging hammock bed will feature straps at the end of a fabric bed. The straps are used for attaching to objects like chairs, kennels, and so on. Some of them have faux wool tops to provide additional comfort to your cat. An important thing to consider before buying one is whether the straps can actually work with the type of object you intend to attach it to.
- Cage Hammock. Even though similar to the hanging hammock, this particular one is meant to be hanged inside the cat’s cage. It is the best hammock to buy if your cat mostly stays in a cage. Instead of staying on the floor of the cage, it will get some entertainment as a result of this hammock.
- Stretched Wall Hammocks. This is one of the best cat hammocks when it comes to enhancing your home décor. However, it is not just for show. When your cat feels like relaxing, it can simply climb on top of it. With this hammock, your cat will have to jump from one place to another. That way, it will exercise its body and stay healthy.
- Burlap Shelves. Cats love staying in lofty places. Instead of buying a cat hammock, you can erect a burlap shelf on one of your walls. Burlap shelves have scratchy surfaces on which the cats can hold firmly. Also, the cat may rub its ears and face on the rough surface for extra comfort.
Important Considerations When Buying Cat Hammocks
In addition to looking at the type of cat hammock, it is important to consider the several features that define a cat hammock. The following are the key considerations to pay attention to.
The Fabric It Is Made From
Cat hammocks can be made using different types of fabric including wood, cotton, cardboard, and polyester. The fabric you choose will depend on your cat and how you intend to use the hammock. Of all the fabrics, cotton is the most lightweight and durable. So, it would be great for keeping indoors. If you want a cat hammock for the outdoors, a wooden one will do just fine.
Does It Provide Multi-Tower Activity?
It is not enough to provide your cat with a hammock. Whether it has a scratching board capable of multi-tower activity is also important. That way, the cat will be able to nap, sleep, exercise, and play without leaving the hammock. But that depends on how active the cat is. If it likes napping throughout the day, you can get for it a soft hammock made from cotton.
How Strong Is It?
In order to ensure that your pet is protected from freak accidents, you should ensure that the hammock is stable enough. If the hammock is a shaky structure, then your cat may fall off. That means that the hammock should be strong and durable. It shouldn’t be something that easily breaks down when the cat jumps onto it. Check the material from which it is made as well as the straps. All of these should be strong enough and hold firmly in place to prevent freak accidents.
The Size of the Hammock
Another important feature is the size of the hammock. Essentially, it should be commensurate with your pet’s size. If the hammock is too small, the cat is likely to fall and get injuries. If too big, the cat may not feel safe lying in it. And, it is not just how big the cat is. Rather, weight also matters. As such, you ought to pay attention to the hammock’s weight limit.
How Will It Be Mounted?
It is important to know how you are going to attach the hammock. Some cat hammocks come with nothing but straps. Others are composed of an entire system that includes toys and scratching posts. Still, there are others that are nothing more than a cat’s bed attached inside the kennel. Whichever cat hammock you choose, make sure that it is capable of serving the needs of your pet.
Does It Require To Be Assembled?
There are a number of cat hammocks that come ready to be mounted. These require little or no effort when it comes to assembly. However, there are others that may require you to assemble them. If you opt for such, then you should ensure you like DIY things. If you don’t, then a simple task might take you ages to complete.
Style and Color
Just like the fabrics, cat hammocks can be made from different colors and styles. In this case, you should choose a color and style that appeals to you the most. Importantly, it should complement or blend in with your interior design. Also, make sure that the style works perfectly for your pet. Ask yourself if your cat likes the color. If so, go ahead and buy the hammock.
How Do I Maintain My New Cat Hammock?
In order to extend the life of a cat hammock, you need to maintain it in the right way. While at it, do not assume anything. Since every hammock comes with the manufacturer’s instructions, this is the best place to start. Luckily, quite some of these products can be washed in a machine. Also, check out for the parts that need to be wiped so as to get rid of debris.
Why Do Cats Love Hammocks?
Cats feel great when they take a nap or sleep inside a hammock. Not only do they greatly enjoy themselves but they also feel extremely comfortable. Here, they have a territory that even you cannot claim. For homes with a dog, the hammock serves as a safe haven for the cat. Here, it can have a lot of peace of mind.
It takes time and hard work to find the right cat hammock. However, it doesn’t have to be that difficult, especially if you know the features to look for. Apart from accommodating the cat’s size, the hammock should also be capable of carrying its weight. Also important is where you want to set the hammock. With all of these things in mind, you should find the right cat hammock in no time.