Heavy punching bags are the real deal when it comes to training your muscles for any reason. You can take out your aggression after a long day; sweat buckets and torch those extra layers of fat; relieve your stress, and, of course, have fun! If you are a boxer, MMA fighter, or practice Muay Thai, these bags will not only tone your muscles and make you more powerful, they will also give you that confidence of a badass!
No question, heavy punching bags are ideal equipment for any gym as they provide an awesome workout. But finding the best option for your needs can be a challenge considering that these bags are built for different users and come with different designs. To save you hours of research, we have compiled the best heavy punching bags to make your training worthwhile.
Let’s take a look
Top 10 Heavy Punching Bags of 2020 Reviewed
1. Dripex Adult & Kids Freestanding Punching Bag
- Has an effective shock absorbance system
- Features a multi-layered design
- Great for adults as well as kids
- Priced a little on the high end
- May not be as long-lasting as expected
- The base may require filling with sand for enhanced performance
Best Adult and Kids Heavy Punching Bag
If you have a gym at home, you may require a punching bag suitable for both kids and adults. The Dripex Adult & Kids Freestanding Punching Bag can do just that and more. It comes with an upgraded shock absorber, which prevents injuries in both kids and adults. It is no wonder that it currently stands on top of the best-selling list for punching bags on Amazon.
You will like the fact that the shock absorbance system works all round to minimize the vibrations. The bag comes with thick padding to prevent injury when making high-intensity moves. Instead of hanging from the ceiling, the bag stands on a stainless steel tube which is covered with a 3 mm rust-free steel plate. The plate is covered by a silicon plate which, when combined by the 2-millimeter leather, protects you. Under the leather is an EPE foam as well as a fabric buffer for extra protection.
With this bag, it is easy to roll it on the floor, whenever you need to move it. It is suitable for the home gym if you have one. The punching bag locks easily in place, thanks to more than 12 suction cups. If you want, you can fill the base of the bag with sand for enhanced performance.
2. Everlast Single-Station Heavy Bag Stand
- A kit suitable for people of all heights
- Durable, highly-functional punching bag
- Protected with foam for extra comfort
- May require extra help to assemble
- The instructions may not be very clear
- Looks and feels cheap
Best Single-Station Heavy Punching Bag
The term “single-station” refers to the fact that the bag comes with just one stand on which you can hang it. Designed for heavy-duty use, the stand is made of a powder-coated steel tubing. Thus, you can expect the stand to last for a long time to come. Besides, it has the ability to last through all your training sessions, no matter how intense they might be.
Unlike the other punching bags from Everlast, this particular one weighs 100 pounds. The punching bag itself is durable and heavy, all at the same time. With the reinforced webbing construction, which makes the bag highly functional and durable. It is suitable for boxing, MMA as well as other martial arts. Due to the fact that the bag is hung on a stand, you may not be able to punch it for 360 degrees. The punching bag itself rises to a maximum height of 88.2 inches.
When you pay for this product, you will get much more than just the bag and stand. In the kit, you will get an adjustable chain for holding the heavy bag, hand wraps made of 100 percent cotton, a pair of gloves, and a leather bag.
3. RDX Punching Bag Filled Wall Bracket
- A very affordable punching bag
- The package includes a pair of gloves
- Made of high-quality materials
- Doesn’t come with a warranty
- Does not last that long
- You may lack where to hang it
Best Heavy Punching Bag with Wall Bracket
When it comes to premier punching bags, RDX products stand out as some of the best. The filled RDX Punching Bag is designed for use when training for all kinds of martial arts including kickboxing, MMA, and so on. It comes with a chain ceiling hook so that you can easily hang it. If you have a gym at home, this punching bag is the perfect inclusion for your training kit.
In the kit, you will get a high-quality punching bag as well as a pair of gloves. With that, you will be better placed to practice kicks and punches in readiness for the next big fight. If you believe in training hard in order to fight easy, this is the kind of punching bag you need.
The punching bag comes in a variety of colors to enable you to choose just what you need. Made of some of the most durable materials, the punching bag has a height of either 4 or 5 feet. Yet, it isn’t as expensive as some of the bags in the same category. Thus, you will be able to save money while still getting access to the high-quality punching bag.
4. Ringside 100-Pound Powerhide Boxing Punching Heavy Bag
- Made of a durable leather outer cover
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Made for the professionals
- The material makes it a little slippery
- A little more expensive
- Hardens when the filling settles
Best Heavy Punching Bag for Pros
One of the most outstanding manufacturers of punching bags is Ringside. As such, the Ringside 100-Pound Powerhide Boxing Punching Heavy Bag is one of the most popular for customers on Amazon. Apart from the rave reviews, it has a number of outstanding features, which make it a top product. It measures 14 by 42 inches and weighs 100 pounds, putting it in the top tier of the heavy punching bags.
This punching bag is designed for use while training boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, and all kinds of contact sports. Using it, you can practice your punches as well as kicks and footwork. The two-inch soft fill protects you from injuries that may result from hitting the bag too hard. Instead of feeling like you are hitting a wall, it is much like hitting an opponent.
The bag comes with a bottom D-ring which prevents the bag from bursting due to the constant pounding. With this punching bag, you can make a choice among different colors. Even though priced in the higher range, the Powerhide punching bag comes with a 10-year warranty. The manufacturer will replace it as long as the damage wasn’t occasioned by the use of sharp objects.
5. Century Wavemaster XXL Training Bag
- A choice of three colors
- The height can be adjusted to seven levels
- The design quality is highly durable
- Fall in the higher price range
- The warranty is for only one year
- Might not be stable or sturdy
Best Adjustable Heavy Punching Bag
This extra-extra-large Century Wavemaster Training Bag is the latest addition in this company’s long portfolio. It is an improvement from previous products by this manufacturer and measures 69 by 18 inches. That means it can be used by people of all heights. The punching bag has a sturdy and durable vinyl cover which can absorb the shock from all the kicks and punches you give it.
The low-profile base distributes the bag’s weight evenly so that it can stably stand alone. No matter how hard you kick, punch or pound it, this bag has a strong construction that makes it hold its own. The fill hole is extra-large and can be filled with sand or water. What you get is a bag that weighs about 270 pounds.
You will get this bag in a variety of colors so that you can make an informed choice. You do not require any special tools to assemble it. With such a wide striking surface, you have the perfect bag for punching, kicking, and pounding. When you buy this bag, you will get a 1-year warranty. When the bag gets damaged, the manufacturer will take care of the repairs or even replace it.
6. Ringside 100-Pound Muay Thai Punching Heavy Bag
- Lengthy and suitable for martial arts
- Doesn’t swing too much
- Soft surface and filling
- Lacks a bottom loop for fixing on the floor
- Requires a high ceiling to hang it
- May come unstitched after some time
Best Heavy Punching Bag for Muay Thai
Heavy punching bags can be used for boxing training as well as martial arts. This Ringside punching bag has a long body so that you can easily kick and punch during the practice session. No matter how hard you pound it, the high-quality materials from which the bag is made will withstand the impact. There is no safer punching bag to use in your training sessions both at home and in a gym setting.
The punching bag weighs 100 pounds when filled up, and hardly swings in the midst of the powerful kicks and punches. With a maximum length of 72 inches, the punching bag is high enough for use by tall individuals. It is possible to perfect on your Muay Thai skills like kicking and punching. But that doesn’t mean that practicing kickboxing and MMA isn’t possible. With a narrow 13-inch diameter, you can work on your punching accuracy in a better way.
Although made of synthetic material, the punching bag still feels like genuine leather. The filling is comfortable enough what pounded. It is not like hitting a wall. You can use bare hands to punch and unprotected feet to kick. It is surprising how quiet the kicking and punching is.
7. Meister 100lb (45kg) Filled Heavy Bag for Boxing, MMA, and Muay Thai
- Made of a hardy, threaded vinyl cover
- Compacted cloth fillings hardly settle at the bottom
- Suitable for most contact sports
- Not heavy enough to withstand the pounding
- Available in just one color
- Doesn’t come with a warranty
Best Profession Kicking and Punching Bag
What do you want in a heavy punching bag? The Meister 100-pound punching bag is the ideal training partner for boxing, MMA, and Muay Thai. Packed textiles are used to fill it and make it consistently solid and ready to be pounded. This is different from sand and other powdery filling materials which tend to settle at the bottom and become rather tough.
The outer material is textured vinyl which remains supple to protect your knees and elbows against unwanted injuries. It measures 14 by 60 inches. That is high enough for use in kickboxing, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, MMA, and boxing. It comes with 16-inch hanger straps for quick and simple hanging. It eliminates the clunky noise of chains. Don’t be afraid to give it all the knees, elbows, kicks, and punches you want to.
Like most of Meister’s products, this particular punching bag is durable. Its strong construction means you can use it both in commercial settings and at home. It comes with an outer case, which you can put to other uses once you install the punching bag.
8. Last Punch Heavy Duty Punching Bag with Chains
- Great for boxing beginners
- An affordable punching bag
- Great for people with medium weight
- May develop tears after a nee station
- The zipped opening is small
- Not clear if it has a warranty
Best Affordable Heavy Punching Bag
Did you know that the Last Punch Heavy Duty Punching Bag with Chains is among the most affordable in its category? It is a mini-punching bag that’s available at a more affordable price. Unlike other bags which cost hundreds of dollars, this particular one is only worth $25. You will hardly believe that this bag features a heavy-duty outer canvas cover.
If you are a boxer in need of a heavy bag to regularly use in your training, try the Last Punch Bag. It is the chains that are used to hang the bag. The length ranges from 33 inches to 55 inches. It has an 18-inch diameter, which is just perfect for honing your boxing skills. Since it comes unfilled, it is possible to fill the hag using cotton, plastic or old clothes.
The punching bag weighs some 70 pounds and is great for use by people who are at most 140 pounds. After being tested by several professional fighters, this bag is a sure bet for a boxing novice? Essentially, you won’t find a cheaper punching bag when it comes to the things you can do with the money.
9. Everlast Dual Station Punching Bag Stand with 100-Pound Powercore Heavy Bag
- The bag can hold both a speed bag and punching bag
- The punching bag is cheaper
- A package that contains a stand, speed bad, and punching bag
- The punching bag may not be durable
- A speed bag that rather ineffective
- Does not have a warranty
Best Dual Station Punching Bag
Unlike the single-stand, the dual-stand features strong construction, which can carry both a heavy bag and speed bag. Since you require both of the bags for boxing training, this stand is a must-have for all pugilists. It is made of steel metal tubing which is very durable. When using both the speed bag and a heavy bag, the stands tend to swing a little but that’s hardly surprising.
Now let’s talk about the speed bag. It is a highly usable affair but cannot compare to some of the bags with the highest levels of quality. If you are just starting out, the speed bag isn’t that bad. However, as you keep honing your skills, it will become necessary to replace it with a better one. If you don’t want the speed bag, you can as well buy the stand and punching bag without it.
The punching bag is basically made of synthetic leather, characteristically unique to Everlast products. However, synthetic leather compares unfavorably to genuine leather when it comes to durability. What would seem like a disadvantage turns out to be an advantage since synthetic leather is cheaper? Once it is delivered to you, you will find this product easy to install.
10. FDW Heavy Duty Punching Bag Boxing Stand
- A durable, functional design
- The weighted base is adjustable
- Easy and convenient to assemble
- Not suitable for martial arts
- The speed bag is not of the highest quality
- The stand is a little nit wobbly
Best Heavy Duty Punching Bag
It is not enough to have a boxing bag. When you have a stand on which it can hang, you don’t need anything else to start practicing your favorite sport. The punching bag stand is made from high-quality steel, which will certainly for as long as you need it. You can place it in your home gym and hang a punching bag for a more convenient way of honing your boxing skills.
In order to stabilize the stand, you will need to attach up to two weights on each of the three stabilizing pins. That way, it is possible to have a steady stand. After receiving your order, you can easily assemble it and start training without any further delays. Additionally, you can easily customize it in conformity with your specific needs.
As is clear from the title, this product is ideal for boxing training. If you are into WMA or other martial arts, you may want to buy a bag that hangs from the ceiling. It should ideally be high enough to take in the punches, kicks, elbows, and knees.
How to Choose the Best Heavy Punching Bag – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Everyone involved in boxing and martial arts would understand the importance of having a working punching bag. When you punch and kick a punching bag, it feels like you are engaged in a fight with an actual opponent. That’s because, unlike the air, punching bags have density and weight. It is the best way to master all forms of techniques, no matter the contact sport you are involved in. You also get to know when your punch or kick lands in the wrong way.
However, you cannot just pick any punching bag. It should be heavy enough to help you learn how to strike targets with kicks, punches, elbows, and knees. To buy the right punching bag, there are a number of things you ought to consider. They make it easier for you to sift through the many available manufacturers, brands, shapes, and dimensions.
Is It Off The Right Quality?
It may seem more appealing to buy a cheap punching bag but you would end up regretting when the bag fails to meet all your expectations. While it may cost a little bit more, a high-quality punching bag is a way to go. Whether you are into boxing, MMA, kickboxing or Muay Thai, your punching bag must just be good enough to give you a memorable training experience.
What Kind Of Filler Does It Have?
One of the most important features of a punching bag if the filling material. While some bags come filled, others are only covers which must then be filled. Basically, those that come already filled are better than those which are empty. They work well for use in training for boxing and so on.
Importantly, look at the type of filler the bag has. In most cases, punching bags are filled with all manners of shredded materials. Those that come unfilled tend to be soft and supple in the beginning but once the material settles down, they harden and become uncomfortable to kick or punch. So, why don’t you save time by going for the pre-filled punching bags?
Pre-filled bags may contain all forms of materials including water, fiber, foam, and sand. Let’s examine each of these materials one as a time.
- Sand: If you are looking for a punching bag with the strongest resistance, you should try one with sand inside. This is the best material for fighters who have been in the game for longer. These bags help in power training. Since sand tends to settle down and dry, it requires regular shaking and turning.
- Foam: When it comes to making the punching bag comfortable to hit, foam fillers are perhaps the best. The good thing with foam bags is that they hardly move as you pound them. As such, you will have a more reliable punching bag in all conceivable aspects.
- Fiber: You might be surprised by the number of manufacturers using fiber as a filling material for punching bags. Fiber makes a bag feel regular in many aspects. Such punching bags are the best for Muay Thai, MMA, and beginner boxing. You will appreciate the high resistance levels it affords.
- Water: Water filling is perhaps the most convenient material than the rest. It is easy to empty when moving to a new home of the gym and refill when you get to your destination. In fact, there are a number of athletes who believe that filling a punching bag with water makes it more real than anything else.
What Material Is It Made Of?
Another important factor is the material from which the punching bag is made. While some materials are soft to the feel, others are durable and flexible. The biggest determinant of the price of the punching is usually the material from which it is made. We discuss some of the most common materials for making punching bags.
- Plastic: It sounds surprising, but there are a number of punching bag brands which rely on plastic outer covers. In most cases, punching bags that hold water are better off fitted with a plastic outer. To prevent injuries, manufacturers usually use rubbery, dense materials.
- Leather: If you insist on buying a leather punching bag, you should be prepared to pay much more. However, leather punching bags are the best when it comes to a great experience during the training session. You may punch or kid the bag hard, but it will still hold its place.
- Synthetic leather: If you can’t afford genuine leather punching bags, why don’t you try one with a synthetic outer covering? That kind of leather might be less expensive but it feels more like genuine leather. The only thing that needs to be right is the filling materials used.
- Canvas: Canvas is another one of the affordable punching bags. After all, the canvas is one of the cheapest materials for making punching bags. Since the bag is likely to be unfilled, you will have to choose an appropriate filling material.
Things to Be Super-Attentive To
- Does the punching bag come with any extras?
- After hanging the bag, will you have enough space?
- How stable is the punching bag when pounding it?
- Is the height adjustable or not?
What Size Of Punching Bag Do You Need?
When it comes to the activity for which it can be used as well as the convenience of use of a punching bag, size is key. For once, size affects the weight of the bag. But that’s not all. The height of a punching bag can determine whether you will be using it for boxing of other activities. Shorter punching bags with a wider diameter are the best for boxing. However, the tall, slender bags are great for MMA and other martial arts.
The reason you should choose a correctly sized punching bag is that it makes it possible for you to practice all the key techniques.
How Much Does The Punching Bag Weigh?
The weight of a punching bag really matters. If you are looking for a bag to punch hard and kick with a lot of force, buy one that’s a little bit heavier. With a heavy punching bag, you have something to absorb the impact. For the kids, a light one will do just fine.
How is it shaped?
For the unaccustomed, differentiating two punching bags from each other is a tough task. Even for bags that look similar, you will find certain fundamental differences since they are made by varied manufacturers. Settling on a particular shape might be hard but it is possible to get a shape that really works for you.
Is It Stiff And To What Extend?
Is the punching bag firm or soft? With a soft punching bag, you will get to exercise without worrying about the effect it has on your body. Conversely, you can use a firmer punching bag to strengthen your legs and make your body to be naturally sturdy.
What Type Of Mounting Does It Have?
Before you buy a punching bag, think about where you intend to mount it. Importantly, you should be aware of the type of mountings used on punching bags. Essentially, you will have to choose between the mounted and free-standing mountings.
- Mounted punching bags: Do you have an area or your wall where you can mount a punching bag? So why don’t you buy one you can hang with a simple shin? Since they are flexible enough to swing, these are the most popular kind of bags.
- Free-standing bags: Where space is lacking, it is advisable to buy free-standing bags. Since they come with their stands, you can install them virtually anywhere. Only that the bag may not provide a great feel when struck.
Punching bags work perfectly for just about anyone. It doesn’t matter if you are a child or an adult – you will find a punching bag to be very useful. Check the reviews discussed above and see if you can find the right punching bag for you. if not, then you may want to follow the buying guide while conducting a wider search for the perfect punching bag.