Dry air can cause serious health problems. It can leave you with those irritating sinuses, cracked lips, and inexplicable nosebleeds. If only there were a machine that could keep the air nice and moist and save you from your struggle? Well, there is! The AIR HUMIDIFIER!
Humidifiers ensure that your air is always filled with precious moisture. They do this through a system whereby water is gradually evaporated from a stored reserve. All you’ll need to do is keep the reserve full, and you’ll be all set. The great thing is that some even allow you to add essential oils, keeping your space humid and smelling nice —and of course, enjoying all those benefits of essential oils. These small machines come in two types: there are the traditional evaporative humidifiers, which consist of a reservoir, a fan, and a porous wick. And then there are the ultrasonic humidifiers. These ones make more use of modern-day technology, by using high-frequency sound vibrations instead to create the mist.
Just like home air purifiers, humidifiers are a definitely good investment. The best of them will have your sinuses, or dry skin sorted in no time. Choosing one may, however, come as a challenge. It’s important to find one that possesses all the most fundamental features. We’ve done our research and rounded some of the best humidifiers to bring some cool options to keep your space humid.
Top 10 Humidifiers of 2020 Reviewed
1. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Has an essential oils tray
- Reduces allergens and bacteria
- Has a big 1.6-gallon tank
- You may never sense the essential oils
- Difficult to clean
- Not easy to fill the tank
Best Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier[
If you live in a very dry or cold region, the area in your bedroom is likely to be very dry. What you need is a mist humidifier that can create the perfect air for you to restfully. The Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier has a tank with 1.6 gallons as its capacity. That makes it unnecessary for you to keep refilling the tank. Fill it once and rest pretty that your air will be humidified for 50 straight hours.
You should buy the best ultrasonic cool mist humidifier if your bedroom has an area of at most 400 square feet. That is to say that your bedroom needs to have an area of at least 20 by 20 feet. In addition to the water tank, this product also has a tray for holding essential oils. There, you can put some drops of your essential oil for aromatherapy.
This device is easy to operate, thanks to the auto turnoff feature when the water gets finished. Before it even turns off, you will see what’s happening through the blue indicator. If you often experience allergic symptoms, this product can make life more bearable for you. it has a hypo-allergic natural ionizer and the ability to control the humidity levels.
2. Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
- Effectively decongests the nasal cavity
- Has a slot for vapor pads
- Can be used in different places
- Tends to produce a lot of noise with time
- Poor customer service
- It lacks a timer
Best Humidifier for Small Rooms
Do you often grapple with allergic reactions to the air you breathe? Do you have kids who find it hard to breathe in the night? The Vicks Mini Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier is designed to provide relief to anyone experiencing nasal congestion as a result of weather changes and allergies. As it humidifies the air in your house, the machine remains cool and noise-free.
One unique thing about this humidifier for small rooms is that it doesn’t have filters and will not require you to do any replacements. It features a 4.5-liter tank. When filled with water, it can provide humidity to a room continuously for a maximum of 30 hours. That is long enough for you to have topped up or refilled the tank with water.
Unlike other humidifiers that have a tray for essential oils, this particular device has a slot for a vapo pad. Here, you will put the Vicks Dual Scent Pads, which are known to effectively decongest the nose. This product is versatile in the sense that you can use it in different places, including at home and in the office. For the small kids, you can use it in the baby’s nursery.
3. Pure Enrichment MistAire Studio Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Has a 360-degree mist nozzle
- The water tank has a capacity of 0.4 gallons
- It is a relatively quiet machine
- Does not allow the use of essential oils
- The water tank may develop leaks
- The top seems not to be directional
Best Compact Humidifier
If you are looking for a humidifier with a fresh-looking design, consider buying the Pure Enrichment MistAire. It is the best compact humidifier when it comes to providing moisture to the air in your bedroom. With that, you will be able to have a very restful night. Given the 0.4-gallon tank, you wouldn’t expect it to do much, but it does. You will get a maximum of 16 hours of humidification, which is long enough for you to have slept and woke up.
It comes with a 360-degree mist nozzle which sprays the moisture where you need it. Thus, it is capable of improving the air in your room without leaving out any spot. If you have a place in the room you do not want to be moist, you can set the device to do that. All you need to do is to direct it in a different direction.
The water tank sits at the bottom, which makes it easy to fill. To take care of the tank, you should make sure you clean it on a regular basis. If you don’t, the tank may develop mold and hold a lot of unwanted impurities. So as to avoid the development of residue inside the tank, you should only use distilled water. The tank is filter-free and will require very little maintenance.
4. JBTOR Cool Mist Humidifier
- Has a remote control
- Adjustable to three humidity levels
- Has a 360-degree mist nozzle
- Beeps at the end of the timer
- Tends to produce a bright light
- Complaints of it arriving with a leaky tank
Best Humidifier with Adjustable Output
How would you like to have the best humidifier with the adjustable output? With the JBTOR Cool Mist Humidifier, you get to adjust the humidity to three levels – high, medium, and low – depending on your needs. Thanks, you the LED display, you will be able to see what you are doing as you adjust the machine.
This product comes with a 3-liter tank, which is large enough to last for 18 hours of continuous use at low humidity. Within that time, you would have slept and woke up. But that doesn’t mean that this device is meant for use in the bedroom alone. In fact, you can carry it to the office to clear the air of dryness and provide you with a conducive working environment.
It comes with a 360-degree mist nozzle so that it can humidify the air in all directions. If you want it to concentrate on a particular direction, all you have to do is to set it accordingly. The humidifier comes with remote control, which makes it extremely easy to use. Thus, you don’t have to touch the machine to control its functions. It for great for use in the office, bedroom, and other places.
5. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
- Long-range(up to 0 feet)
- Well-made quality on each component
- Has inbuilt echo control
- Is sensitive to the plosives (T’s and P’s)
- Power switch feels a bit off
- You can switch between channels
Best Karaoke Microphone Set
With every order of the Fifine UHF microphone, you get 2 handheld microphones, 1 wireless receiver, 1 power cord, 3 audio cables, and an instructional video. And that’s not all, this wireless hand microphone from Fifine does not need the use of a mixer to transmit the signal, it features a compact metal receiver which has an even stronger anti-interference ability than plastic ones. It has a ¼ inch input that allows for an extra wireless microphone. This means that you and your extra two compadres can all sing together. Each wireless mic also has its own volume control, which makes it perfect for a trio.
The Fifine UHF dual-channel microphone also happens to be wireless. With an operating range of up to 80 feet, this microphone offers far less interference than your usual VHF microphone. The signal is reliable too so you don’t need to worry about sound being cut in during use.
The microphone also features an adjustable echo effect. From a selection of 3 different verified cables, you get cable flexibility. That means you can use this mic to perform a backload of functions. It could be a karaoke microphone, or you can use it as a speaking microphone.
6. Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Capable of working for a maximum of 30 hours
- Has a sleep mode
- Comes with 3 mist modes
- Requires a frequent change of filters
- Not suitable for use with essential oils
- Needs distilled or mineral water
Best Humidifier for Large Rooms
Not every humidifier out there can withstand being used in a large room. That is unless you are talking about the best humidifier for large rooms. The TaoTronics has a 1.06-gallon tank and can be used in rooms with a maximum area of 322 square feet. So, if you have a large bedroom, this is the perfect machine for you. It is capable of humidifying your room for a maximum of 30 hours on continuous use.
This machine is extremely easy to use, given the large electronic display. It allows you to see everything as you try to move from one setting to another. With a built-in humidistat, this machine is capable of displaying the current humidity. That makes it possible for you to adjust the settings accordingly in order to attain optimal humidity levels.
Using the sleep mode, you can ensure that all the lights on the device are turned off as you sleep. With that, you will be sure of no sleep interruption. It also has a nightlight, which is discreet and suitable for use in the children’s or baby’s room. This product has a low noise level of only 38dBA, which makes it suitable for use while sleeping. You can use it in different places such as the office, nursery, and bedroom or virtually anywhere you need to humidify the air.
7. URPOWER 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser Aroma Essential Oil Cool Mist Humidifier
- Can use 100 percent pure essential oil
- Produces more moisture than the previous model
- Programmable on/off cycles
- Reports of it stalling without warning
- Comes with zero grip
- Reports of difficulties to smell the essential oil
Best Humidifier and Essential Oil Diffuser
Why would you want to call this the best humidifier and essential oil diffuser? This is a 2nd generation model that generates a lot more mist that the previous version. It is ideal for use in office cubicles, tabletops, and hotel rooms. Apart from releasing moisture to humidify dry air, this model is also great when it comes to dispensing essential oils throughout the room. If you love aromatherapy, there is no better way to get it than this.
Unlike other machines in which you cannot use essential oils, this particular one accepts 100 percent concentrates without causing any corrosive action. This is thanks to the ultrasonic way in which the essential oils are diffused through the air.
Some of the best features of this product include its ability to change between 7 colors. There is even a nighttime color, which is designed to give you a good night’s sleep. Also, you can program the machine to turn on or off at specific times of the day. You can use this product knowing it is safe. It has an automatic shut off function, which protects the device when the water dries up.
8. Homasy Cool Mist Humidifier Diffuser
- Comes with 2 mist levels
- Also works as an oil diffuser
- Has 7 color lights
- The high mist functions lead to water pooling on the lid
- May start making random noises
- May stop working abruptly
Best Humidifier with Color Mood Lights
For a machine that comes with 2 mist levels, the Homasy Cool Mist Humidifier Diffuser is ideal for those who want greater control of the conditions in their rooms. Thus you can choose between the low mist and high mist modes. There is also a sleep mode, which is important when you want to avoid interference from the light when you go to bed.
In addition to being a humidifier, this device is also an essential oil diffuser. Simply drop essential oil into the water tank and it will be diffused into the air as you sleep. There is no better way to have your aromatherapy sessions. The tank is designed to be easy to fill. Unlike the previous model, you do not need to remove the tank to refill it.
It comes with mood lights of up to 7 colors. You only need to press the button to choose your favorite color. Thus, it comes in handy as a nightlight for people without one. If that’s what makes you sleep, why not try it? The device is capable of humidifying the air in your room for up to 30 hours of continuous use. And that is for 360 degrees around the room.
9. Bayka Cool Mist Humidifier
- Has three mist levels
- Very low noise levels
- Comes with an aromatherapy box
- A low-capacity aromatherapy box
- Tends to leak a lot
- Doesn’t produce a lot of mist
Best Portable Humidifier
There are so many reasons this is the best portable humidifier. For once, it is a compact machine that comes with three mist levels. Thus, you can choose between the low, medium, and high mist modes. It all depends on the level of humidity you want in your room. You don’t need to remove the water tank to refill it. Rather, all that is required is to open the top lid. The tank has a 4-liter capacity, which holds enough water to humidify your room for 28 hours of continuous use.
At night, you can use this device differently depending on whether you like a nightlight or not. For those who do, you can leave the light on. The rest can turn off by pressing the touch control panel for 3 seconds. Since it has a negligible noise level of 32 dBA, this is perfect for use in the bedroom. It comes with an auto shut-off feature, which keeps you safe when it runs out of water.
The good thing with this tank is that the opening on the tank is large enough for you to reach in with your hand and clean it. You can out your favorite essential oils into the aromatherapy box and enjoy it for the rest of the night.
10. Miroco MI-AH001 Ultrasonic Cool Humidifier With 6-Liter Tank
- Has an LED low-water indicator
- Easy to refill and clean
- A 6-liter water tank
- Not great for use with essential oils
- May stop working abruptly
- Poor customer service
Best Nighttime Humidifier
The whole purpose of having a humidifier in your bedroom is to make it easier for you to have a good night’s sleep, devoid of allergic reactions. This is the best nighttime humidifier for the simple reason that it is capable of providing up to 20 hours of continuous humidification. It has a 6-liter water tank, which holds enough water for that particular purpose.
It has a 90-millimeter water inlet, through which you can easily clean and refill the tank. Unlike other humidifiers, this particular one allows for zero spills. Also, your hand can fit into the opening, making it easy to clean and remove possible mildew and bacteria.
This humidifier comes with a function that warns you when the water is at an extremely low level. It has an LED indicator, which will shine red even as the device stops producing mist. With that, it will not overheat and cause unwanted accidents. Additionally, it is easy to operate at night, thanks to the glow in the dark. You also have the option of turning on or off the nightlight. Only that you cannot use this humidifier with essential oils.
Choosing The Best Humidifiers – The Ultimate Buying Guide
It is not enough to have your bedroom impeccably cleaned. Dry air can rob you of sleep by worsening chronic congestion, dry skin, and respiratory allergies. This is also true for extremely cold air, which is devoid of any moisture. Using a dedicated humidifier, you can introduce warm or cool mist into the room for better sleep.
In fact, you will not have to wake up in the middle of the night because you are unable to sleep. But just how do you select the right humidifier for you? In this write-up, we provide you with a comprehensive guide on the things to consider when you go out to shop for a humidifier.
Type Of Humidifier
There are three main types of humidifiers that you will find on the market today. They include the evaporative, impeller, and ultrasonic humidifiers. Here is a detailed discussion of those three types of humidifiers.
- Evaporative Humidifiers: These humidifiers have simple construction, given that they have a wick filter. The filter absorbs water from the reservoir, a fan directs air into the filter, which makes the water evaporate. This will disperse the mist around the room, thus providing the desired humidity to the room. With a filter, this device is able to remove harmful particles from the water before being blown into the room.
- Impeller Humidifiers: Instead of a filter, these humidifiers have a special disk that spins to make the water flow into a screen. The screen reduces the water into droplets, thus creating a fog that is dispersed across the room. With this type of humidifier, no purification or filtration takes place.
- Ultrasonic Humidifiers: Ultrasonic humidifiers are perhaps the coolest when it comes to the way they work. They use vibrations to create water droplets, which are then dispersed in the room. it works by releasing high-frequency sound waves, which are directed at a metallic part. Most of the ultrasonic humidifiers are quiet and the best for use in the bedroom.
Size Of Humidifier
Humidifiers come in different sizes. However, these sizes might also refer to how a humidifier is used. As such, we might group the humidifiers in terms of tabletop, console, and whole-house humidifiers. Let’s talk about them below:
- Tabletop Humidifiers: The other name for tabletop humidifiers is room humidifiers. They are highly portable and can be carried from one room to another. These devices have water containers, which are easy to detach for easy maintenance. When it comes to the size of the room they can humidify, it is not more than 400 square feet. That is because they have very small water tanks.
- Console Humidifiers: Console humidifiers are bigger than their tabletop counterparts. They are large-capacity machines, which can be used to cover entire rooms. In fact, they can humidify rooms of as big as 3000 square feet. Even though movable, they might not be portable. You need to use a lot of effort to move one of these.
- Whole-House Humidifiers: Whole-house humidifiers are not that simple. Unlike the other two which are stand-alone units, these are installed to work in tandem with the HVAC system. Thus, they can be used to humidify the whole house of at least 3500 square feet. The unit is connected to the plumbing system and doesn’t require frequent refilling.
What Are The Specs For A Humidifier?
In addition to the types and sizes of humidifiers, there are certain specifications that you must look at. They include the following:
- Water Reservoir: Humidifiers of all kinds have a water tank. This is where you store the water so that it can be turned into a mist. The size of the tank may vary from one model to another. As such, we have models with 0.4-gallon tanks and others with 3-gallon tanks. The capacity of the tank determines how long the device will be able to humidify the air in your room.
- Humidistat And Hygrometer: The work of humidistats and hygrometers is to measure the level of humidity inside a room. The difference is that a humidistat can automatically shut-off the machine when it hits a certain humidity level. Thus, there is no way that the air in your room will be oversaturated.
- Automatic Shut-Off: Most humidifiers come with a feature that makes them shut off when the device runs out of water. Thus, the unit is prevented from overheating. Also, it ensures that power wastage is eliminated. With that, you can use the humidifier throughout the night as you sleep.
- Germicidal Light: Did you know that some humidifiers with UV light can kill mold, bacteria, and other pathogens? Thus, when you get the mist, it will be totally free of any contaminants.
- Wick Filter: Wick filters are the best when it comes to trapping dust, mold, pet dander, and other allergens. The wick filters in these machines need to be replaced regularly. If you are ready for that, then you should buy a humidifier with a wick filter. Otherwise, you may want to buy a humidifier without a filter or one with a non-replaceable one.
- Timer: There are a number of humidifiers with features that enable them to release mist in given intervals. The only thing you need to do is to preset the timer, and the device will emit steam or moisture when you want it to. That could be the time you usually go to bed.
- Multiple Delivery Settings: Some humidifiers have only one-speed setting. Others have the ability to work at different speeds. Thus, you can choose a speed depending on whether you want the mist released into your room slowly or fast.
- Wireless Connectivity: It is possible to link some humidifiers to smartphones. Others can be connected to wireless hubs so that you can control them virtually.
- Diffuser: Apart from improving the humidity of your home, some humidifiers also act as diffusers of essential oils. In the process, they help you to calm your nerves and to have an even better sleep experience.
- Display/Control Panel: A digital display seems to be the standard for most humidifiers. The display, which is usually lit, makes it possible for one to change settings such as humidistat readings, timer, and speed.
Water Capacity And Performance
Humidifiers have water tanks with different capacities. The smallest can be 300ml while the largest can be as big as 4 gallons. The size of the water tank goes hand in hand with the size of your bedroom. If you have a small room, then a capacity of less than 1 gallon will do. For larger rooms, you should buy a humidifier with a bigger tank. The capacity of the water tank determines how long the humidifier will run. Thus, humidifiers with larger tanks are able to run for longer.
The performance of a humidifier is about how much mist it can release within a given period of time. If your bedroom is large, you need a stronger, more powerful humidifier. Anything smaller than usual and you should buy a less powerful humidifier.
Size And Weight
Most humidifiers can fit into compact as well as large rooms. But it is foolhardy to assume that a humidifier will fit in any space. That’s why it is important to determine the size of your room before buying a humidifier for it.
Also, ensure that you measure the sink area to ensure that the humidifier has somewhere to sit while being refilled. Also important is the weight of the humidifier. This determines the degree to which the unit is portable.
Noise, Cleaning, And Care
Humidifiers of all sorts will produce some kind of noise. If you want a unit that will remain quiet while you sleep, buy an ultrasonic one. That will give you a peaceful night. Apart from the type of humidifier, huge units also tend to produce a substantial amount of noise. The same applies to a humidifier that is set to run a high-speed.
It is also important to look at the cleaning and care requirements of a unit. There are those that will require you to clean daily. Others are fine with periodic cleaning. The model you choose will depend on how often you can take care of a unit.
Generally, humidifiers do not cost a lot of money. Most units cost less than $100 even though there are others that may go for $200. In that case, size is the biggest determinant of the price of a humidifier.
Largest-sized models tend to cost more than their small-sized counterparts. That too applies to the features. If a unit has advanced features, it will cost more than those that don’t. Put all of that into consideration as you come up with a budget.
As you can see, humidifiers are key units that can make your home more habitable. They clean the air, remove dust and other allergens, and help you to sleep more peacefully. Have another look at the units discussed in the reviews above and see if there is anything that appeals to you. if not, you can look elsewhere while being guided by the points discussed in the buying guide.