You can never quite be too old to own a Nerf gun, can you? Well, these non-lethal machines have been there since our childhood, but the modern versions have been improved to make the experience even better. They let you live up to your video game fantasies in real life, let off that extra energy, and most importantly, allow you to channel your inner James Bond, without necessarily committing a crime and ending up in jail.
Since 1969, nerf has been producing these quality form toys, bringing joy and happiness to kids, adults, and sadists alike. The company has continued to grow and advance these toy features, offering more efficient models and themes that bring to life the whole experience. While the term ‘gun’ may seem intimidating, you’d be surprised to know just how consumer-safe these products are. The nerf guns are specially designed to shoot foam darts, which are made to be extremely light. The guns are carefully curated and tested before ultimately being presented to the final consumer.
Whether you intend to buy one for your kids or yourself, choosing a nerf gun among the multitudes in the market can be quite the chore. They come in so many different shapes and sizes that might not necessarily be ideal for your particular needs. To heed to your silent cry, we’ve done our research and assembled 10 of the best toy blasters out there for you.
Top 10 Nerf Guns of 2020 Reviewed
1. Nerf N Strike Elite Strongarm Toy Blaster[wt_products id=”3103″ template=”5″]
2. Evader Modulus Nerf Motorized Light-Up Toy Blaster[wt_products id=”3104″ template=”5″]
3. Nerf Zombie Strike Doominator Blaster[wt_products id=”3491″ template=”5″]
4. Nerf Zombie Strike Sidestrike Blaster[wt_products id=”3105″ template=”5″]
5. Nerf elite titan cs-50 toy blaster[wt_products id=”3106″ template=”5″]
6. Strongarm Nerf N-Strike Toy Blaster[wt_products id=”3107″ template=”5″]
7. Nerf N-Strike Elite Rhino-Fire Blaster[wt_products id=”3108″ template=”5″]
8. Nerf N-Strike Jolt Blaster[wt_products id=”3109″ template=”5″]
9. Nerf Dog Tennis Ball Blaster[wt_products id=”3110″ template=”5″]
10. NERF Vagabond Doomlands Toy Blaster[wt_products id=”3111″ template=”5″]
How to Choose The Best Nerf Gun – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Nerf Guns have come a long way since introduction back in the ‘90s by Hasbro. With time, advancement in technology has seen an immense change in these guns, with many of them being designed to shoot disks, foam darts, and even balls.
The newest changes have been implemented, enhancing the precision as well as ease of use of these toys. The brand has seen tremendous growth and popularity, such that many other toy guns coming from different brands have slowly adapted the name Nerf guns.
Nerf guns provide a fun and safe way for kids and adults alike to indulge in shooting contests, mimicking their favorite movie actors and actresses on Hollywood without necessarily harming themselves. However, these contests can even be more fun if you have the right Nerf Gun. We have compiled a few points that will help inform tour decision while picking the best Nerf gun for you or even your kids.
Why don’t you follow through?
Types Of Nerf Guns
Perhaps before you end up purchasing a Nerf gun, you will need to determine what type is necessary and also from where it will be used. These toy guns come in a wide variety, and picking out the best may not be a cup of tea for everyone.
The most common of these toys are the spring-loaded ones, which like most short guns require it to be cocked back each time you are about to pull the trigger. These types of firearms are not only simple and effective, and you don’t have to keep replacing the batteries. However, there are also the battery types that come with their advantages including the fully-automatic fire and even more extended range.
Nerf guns are also themed differently, with each of them coming in with different special darts as well as featuring different design styles. Picking out the best one here will entirely be dependent on the hat interests you and your loved ones.
What’s Your Preferred Playing Style?
Your preferred playing style should be one of the first things to consider before you pick out the best Nerf Guns. This is because most of the other factors will entirely depend on this one. This includes the features of the gun which will keep changing from time to time as you move from one style to another. Should you be picking out a weapon for your little ones, ask them their preferred playing styles. This will help you pick out the best one for them. These playing styles include the following.
- The Offensive: This one is for those who prefer getting onto the battle right from the onset. Those who are willing to take the fight to their enemies. The best gun for this type of style can hold a lot of ammo, shoot quickly and also reload very easily. If you have to get your enemies off-guard, then don’t feel shy to compromise on accuracy; after all, if you are within ten meters from the opponent, then you are well within the perfect range.
- Defensive: This one is for those who like to hunker down at a prominent position while defending it. This type of player will in most cases require heavy and robust ammunition. They will be needed to pull off a swift defensive fire. Such players will require little to no movement to enable them to handle heavy ammunition effortlessness. These kinds of players will require guns, which will not let them down when it comes to delivering prevailing bursts of the foam bullets. For cautious defensive players, mounted machine guns, as well as robust artillery with huge magazines, are the most ideal.
- The Sniper: this one is for those who are playing in vast open spaces which have sufficient cover. With this style, you can opt to take out all your targets from a distance while maintaining protection where your opponents can not be able to see you. This style requires utmost accuracy, and guns with this feature come in handy. If you opt for this style, then you also need to consider a nerf gun with a good range as well as the accuracy part.
- A Little of Everything: Should you be one of those players who don’t like being confined to one style of playing and prefer a much more versatile approach, then you need a gun that will meet all these conditions. You will need a gun that with a good range, convenient reloading, quick-firing, as well as an acceptable amount of ammo foam darts per round.
You need a gun that will work well in every kind of situation. One that will strike a balance between features for all styles. Be sure to look out for simple trigger mechanisms.
The most intriguing thing about these guns is, as much as they are recommended for versatile players, they work best for beginners as well. This is primarily because they don’t have a specific playing style the same case to the beginners who are still trying to discover their preferential playing style.
So, you have now discovered you’re playing style and have a rough idea of what kind of gun to buy. Its now time to get down to the specifics. What size of the arm will work for you? Should you be playing the aggressive style, you will most likely be running a lot while shooting at targets.
For defensive players, you will not be moving a lot. You will be holding your position. For this reason, you will need a gun that can hold enough ammo per round. This consequently calls for robust nerf guns. This will enable you to hail attack on your targets.
What’s more, the gun should also be able to fire quickly. Be warned though. You will most like have to dig deeper into your pockets for a little more cash. These guns cost a little more than the rest due to their bulk size. So be sure of your style before you make any investment.
For snipers, you will also be required to hold your position requiring fewer movements here and there. Therefore, provided the gup has adequate accuracy levels and a good range as well, size and weight may not be so relevant. For versatile players, any of these guns go. However, for the young novices, it is recommended they get lighter as well as one that can be wielded easily.
How Much Do You Need To Spend?
The amount you can spend on a nerf gun is entirely dependent on your budget. However, we don’t think you need to pump a lot of cash in these glamorous toys. While starting your collection, you can start from as low as $10 with the cheapest ones falling just a little under that price, and the fancier ones going for less than $20.
Should you feel the need to go for extra fancy ones, then, of course, you will get better features including a better range.
Most of these Nerf guns will come with their darts, or even balls include in the package. That’s good. However, we do recommend you to get a few extra ones for a refill. You never know when they need my rise especially at the climax of the game when the few you have ended up on your opponent’s side.
Before we get down to details, it is worth noting that the darts used by these guns can cripple their functionality. Yes! That’s just how bad they are when used with the wrong models. You should, therefore, strive to make sure you get the right kind of ammunition for the appropriate guns.
The kind of gun that you pick out should be able to carry enough ammo for shooting without having to break for a while. This also applies to the defensive players who will also be laying it all out on the targets as they defend their positions. They will also require a gun that will accommodate sufficient ammo for a fightback as they will be stationary all through.
Snipers for this matter will require less amount of ammunition. This is because they have the luxury of time to aim and shoot accurately. However, the burden of accuracy rests on them as every shot made counts. For this reason, players in this category can opt for more posh bullets. While selecting the appropriate ammunition, keep in mind that it has a significant impact on your gaming success. So, choose wisely!
When it comes to safety, you can never be too sure about the security of your loved ones while playing with Nerf guns. The more reason why you should be very keen while picking out the best of these toys. While these toys are generally safe, safer than even BB guns, they do come with age requirements and instructions of use.
It is advised that you check through the requirements twice before you buy the toy to avoid incidents of children hurting themselves while operating them.
Again, while most of these toys are design to fire lightweight foam darts, which may not cause any harm to the skin after hitting the intended targets, adult supervision can never be overemphasized.
There are many varieties of nerf gun accessories that you can add to your collection for a more enhanced experience. This includes bipods, ammo refill packs, bandoliers, protective goggles and also scopes for the refill packs. We advise you do some research on the compatibility of these ammo packs with your nerf gun so that your dent ends up purchasing the wrong ones.
Things To Avoid Or Pay Special Attention To
When buying the Nerf Gun, children will require less powerful blasters compared to teens and also adults.
Whenever the gun is not in use, much like the real guns, the gun barrel should always face down. The fingers should be lifted off the trigger. It should also not be loaded for safety measures.
Nerf guns are fun. They bring the world of movies into the reality where kids and adults alike can play a role as either a defender, sniper or even taking the offensive part just like it happens in movies. As much as Nerf guns are toys, their features have to be carefully considered for the game to become a success. One wrong move could mean a poor gaming experience.
These guns are safety assured and are made from user-friendly materials, which cannot cause harm to human health. However, precautionary measures have to made to maintain the safety of the gamers. Choosing the right Nerf gun does not have to be another traumatic experience so long as you have the correct information and you understand well what works for you. Follow through all the points that we have covered, and you might land yourself the best Nerf Gun.