So, the back pains have finally caught up with you and you desperately need a solution to help you ease the suffering. Or it’s a lazy Sunday afternoon, and all you want is to binge your favorite Netflix show in the serenity of your living room. A regular chair will simply not give you the comfort you desire. You need something that will handle you like you deserve to. If you find your common sofa just not able to cut it, a recliner would be the ideal solution for you. These chairs hold you gently while allowing you to lay back, relax with your feet up, as you ease up any strain, or resentful feelings you may have after that long day of hard labor.
Much as recliners are associated with the more aged people, they will still, perfectly suit any individual seeking comfort. Having them as an addition to your space will greatly enhance your seating options. They can serve in a living or family room setting, a personal office, and would be a perfect movie chair if you happen to own a home theater room.
Recommended for recovering patients, these chairs are also comfortable enough to allow you to nap if you are tired. They also come in different fabrics that would easily blend with your home décor. To help you distinguish the fakes from the real ones, our team has done thorough research into the quality and features of the multitudes of recliners out there to bring you 10 of the best recliners to meet your particular requirement.
Top 10 Recliners of 2019 Reviewed
1. Homall Single Recliner Chair[wt_products id=”2584″ template=”5″]
2. Power Lift Recliner Charcoal[wt_products id=”4357″ template=”5″]
3. Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Yandel Power Lift Recliner[wt_products id=”2587″ template=”5″]
4. Christopher Knight Home Mason Recliner[wt_products id=”2588″ template=”5″]
5. CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly[wt_products id=”2589″ template=”5″]
6. Esright Massage Recliner PU Leather[wt_products id=”2590″ template=”5″]
7. Christopher Knight Home Elizabeth Tufted Accent Chair[wt_products id=”2591″ template=”5″]
8. Lumex Three-Position Clinical Care Recliner[wt_products id=”2592″ template=”5″]
9. Recliner Chair Gaming Chairs for Adults[wt_products id=”2594″ template=”5″]
10. MAGIC UNION Power Lift Massage Recliner[wt_products id=”2595″ template=”5″]
How to Choose The Best Recliner – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Recliners are a necessity for people looking for relief from all types of medical conditions. They come with many benefits, including helping you reduce back pain, strengthen blood circulation, reduce stress, and reduce symptoms of indigestion. However, the recliners are not just meant for people with ailments. They can also be used by people with normal health, just to relax. Others may serve as great chairs for gamers.
With all of these benefits, it is not easy to find the best recliners. In most cases, people who are buying these chairs for the first time often end up making the wrong choices. So, what can you do to ensure that you get the right recliner? In this write-up, we provide a comprehensive buying guide to help you make the right decision.
Types Of Recliners
Recliners can be categorized differently depending on how they are used and where they are kept. The following are some of the most popular recliner types.
- Massage Recliners: If you are looking for the ultimate relaxation after a long day at work, a massage recliner is what you need. These recliners usually come with a heating and massage function. They are the best when it comes to massaging various body parts. Some are designed to massage the back, lumbar, thighs, and calves. Through heating and vibration, the chairs help you to reduce back pain, relieve stress, and ease tension. Since they have a power function, the chairs lift and recline easily. Due to their high functionality, massage recliners tend to cost more than the other types.
- Lifting Recliners: Just like the massage recliners, these chairs come with a power function, which lifts the chair from its base. Thus, it makes it simple for people with mobility issues to rise from the chair. These chairs are recommended for people with weak knees and those who have lost the leg function. At the touch of a button on a remote, you will be able to easily lift the chair. It is also one of the costlier recliners around.
- Manual Recliners: Manual recliners require the user to pull a lever to lower the back. Thus, it relies on the effort of the user to recline. These are the most common types of recliners. They rely on pistons and springs. For this type of chair to work properly, it needs to be properly designed.
- Power Recliners: Power recliners are just that. They rely on an electric motor to recline and move the seat to the original position. Power recliners are by design the most luxurious. All a user needs is to press a button on the remote and the chair will recline. The power recliner is the best for individuals with health issues, back pain, and inability to move.
- Rocking Recliners: The other name for rocking recliners is “vertical beds”. They are the best for use by insomniacs. Some people call them “sleep recliners”. Given their design, they remove pressure from the spine, helping you to sleep well.
- Contemporary Recliners: Recliners don’t have to be based on designs that have existed before. The contemporary style of recliners includes all chairs with the latest designs. They are aimed at giving their users ultimate comfort. When you use these chairs in your home, you will give it a more contemporary look. Even though not a major feature, some may have heating and massaging mechanisms.
What Kind Of Upholstery Does The Chair Have?
The upholstery of a recliner is likely to be leather or fabric. The type of upholstery that one selects may vary depending on the expected use of the chair. Chairs with fabric upholstery are the best when providing sleeping services.
However, if you are looking for upholstery that will last longer while looking gorgeous, choose a leather one. Only that these chairs tend to cost more and need extra maintenance. If you choose cotton or polyester upholstery, you will find it to be extremely easy to use.
The Construction Of The Recliner
When buying the best recliners, it is important to look at the construction of the quality of the built. While some have superb construction, others don’t. But just how do you tell the kind of construction a chair has? Chairs with a metal coil have extra support and tend to last longer. It also lowers back pain.
Most recliners use padding made from synthetic foam, which is both comfortable and more durable. While wood is commonly used to make frames, the best recliners have metallic frames. They might cost more, but they are also long-lasting. For the base, one made from hardwood is the best. It lasts longer than particle boards.
Size Of The Chair
There are various sizes of recliners. This is usually defined in terms of the dimensions as well as the weight capacity of the chair. So make sure that the chair will be able to fit into your room and carry your weight. A recliner that is too small will not help you. Rather, it might make your condition even worse. Make sure that you feel comfortable while sitting in the recliner. So, what will a well-fitting recliner do for you? It will give a nice, comfortable experience.
What Features Should You Closely Watch?
Recliners come with several features that determine the type of functionality you will get. Some of the most common features to look at include the following:
- Heating Option: The heating function is common among massage recliners as well as power recliners. It helps reduce joint pain, muscle soreness, and improve blood circulation.
- Lumbar Support: This is all about the ability of the chair to support your back. It is important for people with back pain.
- The Number Of Reclining Options: Some chairs may only recline to one angle. Others are designed to recline at various angles. If you want more comfort, then you should buy one with various recline angles.
- Massage Function: If you intend to use your chair for relaxation after a long day at the office, buy one with the massage function. It will come in handy when it comes to alleviating pain from the back.
How Much Does It Cost?
At the end of it all, it is your budget that will determine whether you actually buy the recliner or not. Even as you consider the features of the recliner, ensure that the price doesn’t deviate too much from your budget. The price of most of the recliners on the market ranges from $100 to $2000. While you should be careful not to overspend, you should also ensure that you don’t compromise on features that will give you great comfort.
Have you found a recliner you can actually buy? Among the ten products featured above, we have reviewed the best in most of the common categories. If none of them appeals to you then look far and wide. However, you may not know what you should buy until you have read the buying guide above. If you have read it, then it should guide you in your quest for a good recliner.