So, the back pains have finally caught up with you and you desperately need a solution to help you ease the suffering. Or it’s a lazy Sunday afternoon, and all you want is to binge your favorite Netflix show in the serenity of your living room. A regular chair will simply not give you the comfort you desire. You need something that will handle you like you deserve to. If you find your common sofa just not able to cut it, a recliner would be the ideal solution for you. These chairs hold you gently while allowing you to lay back, relax with your feet up, as you ease up any strain, or resentful feelings you may have after that long day of hard labor.
Much as recliners are associated with the more aged people, they will still, perfectly suit any individual seeking comfort. Having them as an addition to your space will greatly enhance your seating options. They can serve in a living or family room setting, a personal office, and would be a perfect movie chair if you happen to own a home theater room.
Recommended for recovering patients, these chairs are also comfortable enough to allow you to nap if you are tired. They also come in different fabrics that would easily blend with your home décor. To help you distinguish the fakes from the real ones, our team has done thorough research into the quality and features of the multitudes of recliners out there to bring you 10 of the best recliners to meet your particular requirement.
Top 10 Recliners of 2019 Reviewed
1. Homall Single Recliner Chair
- Feature the high-quality PU leather
- High-density sponge
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Not as comfortable as a bulky chair
- Report of a malfunctioning recliner
- May not last very long
Best Leather Recliner
The whole idea of having a recliner is to increase your levels of comfort while relaxing at home after work. The Homall Single Recliner Chair is extremely comfortable. It features a high-density sponge for perfect upholstery. That’s in addition to the push-back recliner design, which enables you to lean on it comfortably. The adjustable footrest can be raised or lowered depending on the levels of comfort you wish to attain. Additionally, the seat cushion is large and the recliner back thick.
For the footrest, the frame is made from a durable steel frame, which sturdily holds everything in place, including the sponge and leather cover. You can, therefore, confidently leaned back, relax, and watch your favorite TV shows. The material is high-quality PU leather, which is comfortable, skin-friendly, and easy to clean. It is by far the best leather recliner.
Just about anyone with a weight of 265 pounds or under can use this recliner. In short, you don’t have to ultra-light to use it. After all, it features a resilient and highly permeable sponge. After buying this recliner, you will have to install it. If any issue arises during the installation process, you can exchange the chair for a new one or a full refund.
2. Power Lift Recliner Charcoal
- Durable polyester fabric
- Attractive charcoal color
- Reclines fully
- Takes up quite some space
- Takes up quite some space
Best Fabric Power Recliner
Are you looking for the best recliner when it comes to providing comfort, easy motion, and support? The Power Lift Recliner Charcoal is assembled to give you all that and more. The main chair is made of wood, sponge, and fabric. It is definitely a sturdy and strong chair fit for anyone yearning for a recliner in which he or she can relax comfortably at home. If you have limited mobility or physical pain, this chair is going to help you regain your normal life.
The fabric is a durable 100 percent polyester. This is definitely a highly durable fabric that is going to last for a long time to come. Compared to other recliners, this chair has a relatively high weight capacity. It can carry anyone with a weight of up to 350 pounds. No matter how huge you look or feel, this chair is great for you.
When fully reclined, the best fabric power recliner can stretch to a length of between 39 inches and 63 inches. In angular terms, that is between 110° and 130°. You can literally sleep in this chair when it is fully reclined. For it to recline properly, you have to place it at a distance of 3.15 inches from the wall. The unique charcoal color makes it very attractive to the eye.
3. Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Yandel Power Lift Recliner
- The brown leather upholstery is stunningly beautiful
- A strong, long-lasting built
- Large and comfortable
- Footrest rises slowly
- Reports of a malfunctioning power supply box
- Reports of poor customer service
Best Faux Leather Power Recliner
Ashley Furniture has been making recliner chairs for some time now, which is the reason you should expect their latest product to be among the best. It comes with a power reclining function, which is designed to make the lives of people with back pain and the old folks a little more bearable. You can recline the chair electronically using a remote control. That eliminates the need to pull a lever to adjust your seating position. On that particular aspect, this chair doesn’t seem to have many competitors.
The upholstery for this chair is superb, given that it is made of faux leather. Add to that the high back and thick cushions and you have an unbeatable recliner when it comes to the comfort levels. The brown color makes it stand out from the crowd for its unique beauty. In terms of size, the best faux leather power recliner is massive. Thus, it can accommodate just about anyone.
After receiving this chair, you will have to assemble it. Luckily, it comes with all the required tools, hardware, and instructions. That totally eliminates the need for guesswork. The good thing is that the chair is delivered directly from the manufacturer’s premises. This chair is definitely worth its price. You just wouldn’t find a product comparable to it in terms of quality.
4. Christopher Knight Home Mason Recliner
- Made of strong, durable fabric
- Comes in assorted colors
- An easy-to-operate recliner
- Some found the recliner not to be effective
- Taller individuals may find the back to be too short
- Feels stiff
Best Midcentury Manual Recliner
If you are looking for a retro piece of furniture, you might consider buying the Christopher Knight Home Mason Recliner. It is arguably the best mid-century manual recliner you will find anywhere. The chair can be made of either fabric or microfiber regardless of which it is still strong and durable. It is suitable for use in virtually any room in the home. The chair is designed to blend in with the other pieces of furniture, thanks to the smooth finish.
For a comfortable relaxation session at home, this is the chair you need. The back is slightly tufted to help you lean back from the get-go. The cushion is extra-padded to provide you with the maximum possible comfort. So, why would you want to buy anything else?
With this chair, you can actually choose the color. You can pick anything from slate, muted green, muted purple, muted yellow or red. It all depends on the color you find most appealing. Additionally, the chair is extremely easy to operate. Given Christopher Knight’s reputation which has been painstakingly gained over the years, this chair is worth trying. Despite the above-average quality, the chair comes at a very reasonable price.
5. CANMOV Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly
- Great for use by the elderly
- Has anti-skid upholstery
- Has a high weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Reports of some parts missing on arrival
- Poor customer service
- It may fall short for tall people [/su_column]
Best Power Recliner for Elderly
The CANMOV Power Lift Recliner is the best gift for the elderly. If you have a parent with motion issues or a painful back, this is the perfect chair for him or her. It can make a difference when it comes to living a comfortable life in old age. The operation mechanism works to make this chair a must-have for anyone looking for a great lounging experience. To switch on the recliner, you need to use a remote control with two buttons only.
With the antiskid upholstery, this chair will not cause any accidents by tilting to allow the elderly to get off of it. Another this is that it is extremely comfortable. It has a cushioned seat, hack with pillow addition, and an armrest for support. In the same way it makes you feel comfortable, it also protects you from accidents. What chair would you want?
The best power recliner for the elderly is easy to assemble. If you have doubts, all you need to do is to search for its name on YouTube and you will get access to video tutorials showing you just how to do that. It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds, which is better than many other chairs. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
6. Esright Massage Recliner PU Leather
- Has a swivel function
- Two cup holders to the end of the armrests
- Comfortable and easy to assemble
- The footrest is hard to lower
- Reclining is not easy
- Tends to shift the recline positions
Best Swivel Massage Recliner
There are several reasons why this is hailed as the best swivel chair. First, it is made of soft, sturdy faux leather, which feels smooth to the touch. But it is not just the upholstery that makes this chair great. The sponge padding on the armrest and back is so thick that it will give you maximum comfort. Second, this chair has the perfect swivel. With the ability to rotate on an angle of 360° it gives you the ability to turn around and reach for items around you.
If you are not satisfied with having only the recline function, you will appreciate the rocking abilities of this particular chair. Additionally, it has heat and vibrates functions, which is why some people use it as a massage chair. On the far end of each armrest, there is a cup holder. No need for a table to hold drinks in your cups. Whether you have it in your bedroom or living room, the extra storage pockets are great for holding magazines and drinks.
The recliner itself is manual controlled and can go a high of 140°. However, the massaging function is remote controlled. You do not need to leave the house to get the services of a masseur. Another thing you will love about this chair is how easy it is to install.
7. Christopher Knight Home Elizabeth Tufted Accent Chair
- Comes in a beautiful grey color
- Good enough to beautify your room
- Has a comfortable wingback design
- May not support people with a lot of weight
- The chair may collapse without warning
- Reports of feeling springs in the back
Best Elegant Manual Recliner
The Christopher Knight Home Elizabeth Tufted Accent Chair is not like the other chairs featured here. Apart from being the best elegant manual recliner, it is also incredibly comfortable. It comes with an elegant wingback design, which makes it great to sit in. its classy look means you can put it in any room without worrying about it being out of place.
In line with the prevailing trends, this chair features a tufted grey fabric. While the design itself takes you back to the classic antiques, the color makes it as modern as they come. So, if you are looking for a chair to decorate your home and not just a utility piece of furniture, this model is right for you. Apart from the tufted fabric, eyes will be drawn to the exquisite high back and nailhead trim.
As a testament to the quality of this chair, the manufacturers are offering a 1-year warranty. It is easy to understand why they are so confident about this product. The upholstery is of high quality and the legs solid. So, you can expect this elegant recliner chair to last for a long time to come.
8. Lumex Three-Position Clinical Care Recliner
- Has a molded table attachment
- Provides for up to three sitting positions
- The cushion density varies from one point to another
- Some people found it hard to position
- Some users found it hard to install
- Putting and taking off the tray can be challenging
Best Clinical Care Recliner
While the other recliners featured here can be used by patients of various kinds, they aren’t specifically designed to provide care. In that particular aspect, the Lumex Three-Position Clinical Care Recliner beats them all. Which is why it is hailed as the best clinical recliner. It is designed for use by residents in extended-care facilities.
But why would the makers of this recliner recommend it for use by patients? This recliner can be adjusted to three positions to ensure the user’s comfort. The positions are the sitting, partial-recline, and full recline. Depending on the level of comfort one is looking for, he or she can choose any of these positions. The good this is that this change in position is as good as therapy, given its ability to bring relief to heart and respiratory patients.
The foam used for the cushion varies in density to ensure an individual gets the correct kind of support. You can expect to use this chair for a long period of time, given its strong and durable built. The wheels make it very mobile while the activity table can be attached for use during meals. The chair can support up to 250 pounds of weight.
9. Recliner Chair Gaming Chairs for Adults
- Has a wide recline angle
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to move into the house
- May not be very sturdy
- Might be too short for some people
- Doesn’t stay locked in the central position
Best Recliner for Gaming
Just like any other activity, gaming needs to be comfortable. With the best recliner for gaming, you will definitely have great gaming experience. The chair has the ability to recline to a near-horizontal position. Can you find a better recliner? Definitely not! Once you are through with the gaming session, you can activate “nap” mode, lying on the chair, and simply relax.
However, it is the construction of this recliner that is the most appealing. The chair is made of a solid wooden frame onto which is attached to a high-density sponge for cushioning. In terms of upholstery, the chair features a leather outer cover. You will love the colorful recliner, which has a mixture of red and blue. It will definitely light up any room in which you place it.
Since it comes in pieces, it is easy to get the chair through the door. Assembling this recliner is simple and easy. In fact, you do not need any tools. Within a very short time, the chair will be ready. Unlike some recliners which require space from the wall, this particular one doesn’t. With a space of only 7 inches from the wall, the chair will still be able to recline to its fullest.
10. MAGIC UNION Power Lift Massage Recliner
- Made from a sturdy, strong wooden frame
- Has a power lift feature
- Offers massage in 4 areas
- Reports of a broken motor assembly
- Some chairs did not have the massage function
- Reports of the chair not reclining as expected
Best Power Lift Massage Recliner
Working with a manual recliner can be very hard, especially for people with mobility issues. That’s why you need the best power lift massage recliner. This particular product comes with the power lift functionality which lifts the chair from its base so that seniors with painful joints can easily move around. Instead of a manual lever, you will use a remote control that comes with the device.
The strongly-built chair has a solid wooden frame, which makes it solid. You wouldn’t know that you are dealing with a massage chair. The massage function also works at the push of the buttons on the remote control. This chair ensures that you get relief in four main areas, namely the legs, thighs, back, and lumbar. So that you can vary your massage experience, you can set the chair to any of five modes. You may choose the auto, wave, press, pulse or normal modes.
Since the seniors will be using this chair for a long time, it comes with two cup holders on either of the armrests. Here, you can place a cup of tea and continue getting refreshed, even as you relax. It also has pockets in which you can keep items such as the TV remote.
How to Choose The Best Recliner – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Recliners are a necessity for people looking for relief from all types of medical conditions. They come with many benefits, including helping you reduce back pain, strengthen blood circulation, reduce stress, and reduce symptoms of indigestion. However, the recliners are not just meant for people with ailments. They can also be used by people with normal health, just to relax. Others may serve as great chairs for gamers.
With all of these benefits, it is not easy to find the best recliners. In most cases, people who are buying these chairs for the first time often end up making the wrong choices. So, what can you do to ensure that you get the right recliner? In this write-up, we provide a comprehensive buying guide to help you make the right decision.
Types Of Recliners
Recliners can be categorized differently depending on how they are used and where they are kept. The following are some of the most popular recliner types.
- Massage Recliners: If you are looking for the ultimate relaxation after a long day at work, a massage recliner is what you need. These recliners usually come with a heating and massage function. They are the best when it comes to massaging various body parts. Some are designed to massage the back, lumbar, thighs, and calves. Through heating and vibration, the chairs help you to reduce back pain, relieve stress, and ease tension. Since they have a power function, the chairs lift and recline easily. Due to their high functionality, massage recliners tend to cost more than the other types.
- Lifting Recliners: Just like the massage recliners, these chairs come with a power function, which lifts the chair from its base. Thus, it makes it simple for people with mobility issues to rise from the chair. These chairs are recommended for people with weak knees and those who have lost the leg function. At the touch of a button on a remote, you will be able to easily lift the chair. It is also one of the costlier recliners around.
- Manual Recliners: Manual recliners require the user to pull a lever to lower the back. Thus, it relies on the effort of the user to recline. These are the most common types of recliners. They rely on pistons and springs. For this type of chair to work properly, it needs to be properly designed.
- Power Recliners: Power recliners are just that. They rely on an electric motor to recline and move the seat to the original position. Power recliners are by design the most luxurious. All a user needs is to press a button on the remote and the chair will recline. The power recliner is the best for individuals with health issues, back pain, and inability to move.
- Rocking Recliners: The other name for rocking recliners is “vertical beds”. They are the best for use by insomniacs. Some people call them “sleep recliners”. Given their design, they remove pressure from the spine, helping you to sleep well.
- Contemporary Recliners: Recliners don’t have to be based on designs that have existed before. The contemporary style of recliners includes all chairs with the latest designs. They are aimed at giving their users ultimate comfort. When you use these chairs in your home, you will give it a more contemporary look. Even though not a major feature, some may have heating and massaging mechanisms.
What Kind Of Upholstery Does The Chair Have?
The upholstery of a recliner is likely to be leather or fabric. The type of upholstery that one selects may vary depending on the expected use of the chair. Chairs with fabric upholstery are the best when providing sleeping services.
However, if you are looking for upholstery that will last longer while looking gorgeous, choose a leather one. Only that these chairs tend to cost more and need extra maintenance. If you choose cotton or polyester upholstery, you will find it to be extremely easy to use.
The Construction Of The Recliner
When buying the best recliners, it is important to look at the construction of the quality of the built. While some have superb construction, others don’t. But just how do you tell the kind of construction a chair has? Chairs with a metal coil have extra support and tend to last longer. It also lowers back pain.
Most recliners use padding made from synthetic foam, which is both comfortable and more durable. While wood is commonly used to make frames, the best recliners have metallic frames. They might cost more, but they are also long-lasting. For the base, one made from hardwood is the best. It lasts longer than particle boards.
Size Of The Chair
There are various sizes of recliners. This is usually defined in terms of the dimensions as well as the weight capacity of the chair. So make sure that the chair will be able to fit into your room and carry your weight. A recliner that is too small will not help you. Rather, it might make your condition even worse. Make sure that you feel comfortable while sitting in the recliner. So, what will a well-fitting recliner do for you? It will give a nice, comfortable experience.
What Features Should You Closely Watch?
Recliners come with several features that determine the type of functionality you will get. Some of the most common features to look at include the following:
- Heating Option: The heating function is common among massage recliners as well as power recliners. It helps reduce joint pain, muscle soreness, and improve blood circulation.
- Lumbar Support: This is all about the ability of the chair to support your back. It is important for people with back pain.
- The Number Of Reclining Options: Some chairs may only recline to one angle. Others are designed to recline at various angles. If you want more comfort, then you should buy one with various recline angles.
- Massage Function: If you intend to use your chair for relaxation after a long day at the office, buy one with the massage function. It will come in handy when it comes to alleviating pain from the back.
How Much Does It Cost?
At the end of it all, it is your budget that will determine whether you actually buy the recliner or not. Even as you consider the features of the recliner, ensure that the price doesn’t deviate too much from your budget. The price of most of the recliners on the market ranges from $100 to $2000. While you should be careful not to overspend, you should also ensure that you don’t compromise on features that will give you great comfort.
Have you found a recliner you can actually buy? Among the ten products featured above, we have reviewed the best in most of the common categories. If none of them appeals to you then look far and wide. However, you may not know what you should buy until you have read the buying guide above. If you have read it, then it should guide you in your quest for a good recliner.