Let’s be honest: cooking rice is an art. Sometimes you pick your rice very carefully, wash and rinse it well a few times, and ensure it has an airtight seal when cooking. But when it comes to examining the results, they are disappointing! At times the rice burns at the bottom; other times, it becomes a little too wet. We know how this feels, and that’s why we have come with a solution for you— a rice cooker!
If you are looking for an easy way to cook well-textured rice — you know, the kind you’d find in a world-class sushi restaurant, you will love what a rice cooker can offer you. All you need to do is purchase a quality model, measure out your rice, and pour the appropriate amount of water (there’s a line that shows you the levels), press some buttons, and sit back as the machine does the job for you. In other words, you set the machine and forget about your rice until it’s ready.
The best thing is that some rice cookers come with extra features that allow you to steam or cook other foods, in addition to rice. If you want to find out more, read on and see some of the best rice cookers in the market that you can get today!
Top 9 Rice Cookers of 2020 Reviewed
1. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer[wt_products id=”3221″ template=”5″]
2. Instant Pot LUX Mini 3 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker[wt_products id=”3222″ template=”5″]
3. Proctor Silex 37534Nr Rice Cooker, 8 Cups Cooked, White[wt_products id=”3223″ template=”5″]
4. Cuisinart CRC-400 Rice Cooker, 4-Cup, Silver[wt_products id=”3224″ template=”5″]
5. Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U-W 5.5-Cup Micom Rice Cooker[wt_products id=”3225″ template=”5″]
6. Aroma Arc Rice Cooker and Food Steamer[wt_products id=”3226″ template=”5″]
7. BLACK+DECKER RC503 Uncooked Rice Cooker[wt_products id=”3227″ template=”5″]
8. Dash DRCM200GBAQ04 Mini Rice Cooker Steamer[wt_products id=”3228″ template=”5″]
9. Panasonic SR-3NAL 1.5-Cup Automatic Rice Cooker[wt_products id=”3230″ template=”5″]
How to Choose The Best Rice Cooker – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Are you looking to buy a rice cooker? If so, then you are in the right place. Rice cookers are multi-purpose appliances that you can use to cook, warm, and steam all kinds of foods. It can change the way you do the cooking in your kitchen and give you quicker and better results. But just how do you ensure that you buy the right rice cooker? The following are some of the factors that determine the kind of rice cooker to buy.
What Type Of Cooker Do You want?
There are several types of rice cookers on the market. Some are basic, simple, and cheap while others are “smart”, sophisticated, and expensive. We discuss the common types of rice cookers below:
- Microwave cookers: If you need a cheap, basic cooker, you are better off with a microwave one. It is usually made from plastic and steam, cook or warm food through the microwave oven.
- Standard: The most commonly found rice cookers fall into this category. From the name, there is nothing sophisticated about these cookers. They are basic in almost all aspects including the components and features. You can use them to cook rice and other foods. Also, they come in handy when it comes to warming and steaming meat and veggies.
- Micom: Several of the rice cookers featured in the reviews above belong to the Micom category. They feature computerized micro-chips, which make them “smart” and more advanced than the standard type. The microchips have sensors that finely adjust temperatures for more targeted cooking. They also have precise timers.
- Induction Heating: In this category are heaters that combine the best from Micom and induction heating. They are known to be more efficient and perfect when it comes to cooking various types of food. Efficient induction technology is used to heat the pot in its entirety by creating a magnetic field for the accurate distribution of heat.
- Induction and Pressure Heating: This the most advanced technology on the market today. The rice cookers in this category combine induction heating, pressure heating, and Micom intelligence. It has the ability to distribute heat all over the pot so as to quickly cook the food. In this category are some of the most expensive rice cookers. With the high price, you get the best rice in terms of texture, taste, and appearance.
What Is The Capacity Of The Cooker?
The capacity of a rice cooker will determine the number of people you can serve after cooking. If you intend to be cooking for the entire family, then you should get a high-capacity cooker. That way, you will have no reason to cook the rice repeatedly. However, if you live alone, you would be contented with a small rice cooker. When it comes to capacity, cookers may have specifications in terms of the “cooked” and “uncooked” rice. The number of cups given for each of these indicators will define the capacity of the cooker.
Is The Rice Cooker Portable?
It is important for a rice cooker to be highly portable, especially if you will be carrying it from one location to another. Make sure it is lightweight, easy to use, and has a carrying tote. However, if the rice cooker is solely for home use, then it can be as big as possible. In that case, the weight wouldn’t really matter. So, check the weight which appears in terms of pounds and the measurements which come in inches.
How Easy Is It To Clean?
Just like any other kitchen appliance, a rice cooker will need to be cleaned from the inside out. On the outer surface, a little scrubbing and rinsing with water will do. For the inner components, they can be cleaned in the dishwasher. To make it easy to clean, most pans and pots are made of non-stick materials that are easy to wipe. They are also safe to clean in the dishwasher.
Is It Easy To Use?
Rice cookers are characteristically multi-functional. The can be used to cook, steam, and warm. Some come with several operation modes which means you have to take time to learn how to use them. Others can be slow cookers, pressure cookers, and sauté machines all at the same time. It is essential that when buying such a cooker, you should ensure that is has a clear instructional manual. That’s important, especially for the kind that does not have a light indicator.
The best rice cookers are those that offer one-touch technology. Using a single button, you can easily move from one function to another without trying too much. A good cooker will also have a timer and indicator lights. Even though you will pay more, you will have a cooker that is easy to use.
Does It Save Storage Space?
Rice cookers need space in the kitchen where you can store them. Some are small enough for storage on a cupboard while others are big and may require extra storage space. If you have a small, compact rice cooker, you only need to remove it from the cupboard and then use it to cook. For the bigger rice cookers, you will have to set aside space for it on a counter.
What Are Some Of The Other Features Of The Rice Cooker?
Besides the factors already discussed above, there are certain features that a good rice cooker must-have. They include the following:
- The Keep Warm Function: For you to derive maximum benefits from a rice cooker, it should be capable of keeping the rice warm for long enough. That way, you will be able to have warm food when the time for eating comes. So, buy a rice cooker with the keep-warm function.
- The Number of Foods: Just because it is a rice cooker doesn’t mean you should use it to cook just rice. Many of the products featured here can also cook many other foods. They can cook meat, oatmeal, or even steam veggies. If you want a cooker to prepare a variety of foods, get one that can do just that.
When you find the right rice cooker, don’t hesitate to buy it. It could be among the models we have already featured in this review or some other kind. What’s important is that you pay attention to the factors discussed in the buying guide. Make sure that the rice cooker you buy meets all your needs. It should also be affordable. After all, you can only get value for money with an affordable, highly-functional rice cooker. Make a wise decision!