How would you feel if you had a home that “cleans itself?” Well, thanks to the gods of technology, a robotic vacuum makes this fantasy sound less far-fetched. You don’t have to suffer the indignity of cleaning all that dirt in your home, dragging that unwieldy plastic hose from one room to another. In fact, you can have your house clean itself as you watch your favorite TV show on your couch. Robots don’t get distracted or bored — and they don’t mind cleaning every day.
A robotic vacuum is packed with lots of sensors and electronic eyes that allow it to comb through all corners of your home, leaving it spotlessly clean. They come with enhanced computing power to keep your floors tidy without you having to put any effort. They sound like something from the future but actually a reality!
Because of the computing power, these little cleaning appliances possess — not to mention the many innovative features — they don’t come cheap. You have to invest a great deal of money to enjoy the pleasure of watching a robot clean your home as you attend to other tasks. This means that you have to do thorough research to ensure you get the right one for your needs. Worry not, though — we have researched on your behalf, identifying 10 of the best robotic vacuums to keep your floors spotless!
Top 10 Robotic Vacuums of 2020 Reviewed
1. eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S[wt_products id=”3093″ template=”5″]
2. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum Wi-Fi Connectivity[wt_products id=”3094″ template=”5″]
3. ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner[wt_products id=”3095″ template=”5″]
4. Shark IQ R101AE with Self-Empty Base[wt_products id=”3096″ template=”5″]
5. Robot Vacuum, GOOVI 1600PA Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Self-Charging[wt_products id=”3097″ template=”5″]
6. Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner[wt_products id=”3098″ template=”5″]
7. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner[wt_products id=”3099″ template=”5″]
8. Robot Vacuum Cleaner Sweeping Robotic Vacuum Cleaning by Lome123[wt_products id=”3100″ template=”5″]
9. Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum, Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, and Mop[wt_products id=”3101″ template=”5″]
10. PureClean Automatic Robot Vacuum Cleaner[wt_products id=”3102″ template=”5″]
How to Choose The Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – The Ultimate Buying Guide
So you have decided to buy a robotic vacuum for your home cleaning needs? This kind of vacuum cleaner is great for individuals whose schedules are so busy that they cannot find time to clean the house in person. Once you switch it on, you can go to other cares while the robotic vacuum gets busy with the cleaning. But just how do go about buying a good robotic vacuum. In this detailed buying guide, we discuss some of the things you must pay attention to. Let’s get going.
Does It Allow For Auto-Scheduling?
Robotic vacuums are designed in different ways. For instance, there are some that start working as soon as you push a button. Others have a more advanced auto-scheduling feature, which enables them to start working when the time is right.
You can use a remote control or mobile phone app to set the time when you want the robot to clean. This could be daily, weekly or monthly depending on what you like. This feature works great for people who rarely spend time at home or have extremely busy schedules. Most of the newer versions of robotic vacuums have some kind of scheduling feature.
How Easy Is It To Maintain?
To reiterate, robotic vacuums come in handy in saving cleaning time. But that doesn’t mean that you will let the vacuum cleaner to keep working non-stop. At some point, you will have to maintain it. However, these devices may have some kinds of technology, which makes it easy to maintain. For instance, robotic vacuums with some sort of extractors or filters are extremely easy to maintain. All it takes is to remove and clean the filter or replace it.
Part of the routine maintenance exercises for robotic vacuum cleaners includes emptying the bin, removing filters, and replacing battery packs. So, you should be prepared to carry out regular maintenance on your robotic vacuum. Since some parts will require regular replacement, it is important to buy a robotic vacuum with easily available parts.
How Long Is The Runtime?
To operate, robotic vacuums require batteries. These are mostly rechargeable lithium-ion batteries with varied runtimes. At the very minimum, a robotic vacuum should have a 60-minute runtime. Still, other models can keep running for 90 minutes or more. These are considered the top of the line or high-end.
Most robotic vacuums have been designed to automatically return to dock when the battery gets depleted. Here, they will recharge, and once full, return to work. If you want a robotic vacuum that doesn’t require switching on to keep working, this is the kind to buy. Only ensure that battery life is long enough to serve your needs.
How Good Can it Clean The House?
The reason you are buying a robotic vacuum is to clean your home. So do not overlook this feature. You will be pleased to learn that there are a number of robotic cleaners that work as effectively as handheld vacuums. These are usually very expensive.
Others are designed for nothing more than light cleaning. That means that traditional vacuuming will be a must, albeit not daily. In the middle are robotic vacuums that can provide great cleaning but may struggle around the corners and along walls. When it comes to pricing, the more expensive devices are also the best performing.
What Is The Dustbin Size?
The robotic vacuums have dustbins that require regular emptying. Yet, there are some devices that have self-emptying dustbins. The size of the dustbin will determine how often you need to empty it.
As such, larger bins will take longer to empty as compared to the smaller bins. If you buy a vacuum with a smaller bin, you will have to keep checking to make sure that the dust and dirt aren’t overflowing. However, take note of the fact that some bins tend to fill up quickly just because the device itself is very efficient.
Wi-Fi App Control?
If you are looking for a robotic vacuum you can control virtually from anywhere, buy one with Wi-Fi capabilities. Using an app on your phone, you will be able to control the device from virtually any location across the globe.
Apart from controlling the robotic vacuum remotely, you can also receive live updates in the form of notifications. All that at your fingertips. Still, there are some older versions of robotic vacuums that can be turned into Wi-Fi-capable devices by attaching a special plate.
If you are worried about the robotic vacuum collecting data about your home as it has been the case with many complaints, there are steps you can take to avoid this. For starters, you don’t need to use it with Wi-Fi, unless you want a connection where you use the app to give it instructions. You can also delete the data it stores regularly.
How Big Is Your House?
Larger homes require high-capacity vacuums that are designed with the latest technology and long battery life. They also need to have better navigation, larger dustbins, and automatic recharging. So, if you have a large house, buy a robotic vacuum that’s up to the task. To navigate large floor areas, these vacuums need to have the ability to mark boundaries and reach only the places they are required to.
How Much Is The Price?
One of the most important factors that will determine your ability to buy a robotic vacuum is the price. But the price is largely a function of the built quality and performance capabilities of a robotic vacuum. For instance, devices with the lowest performance capabilities will obviously cost less than those in the highest range.
So don’t let price be the only factor you are looking at. Ensure that the robotic vacuum you want is capable of doing what you want before putting your money into it. Otherwise, you will end up with a poorly performing vacuum. You could even have to replace it almost immediately.
Other Features That Define a Good Robotic Vacuum
- Navigation Capability: It doesn’t matter how great a robot is at cleaning your house. It must just have the right navigation technology. If not, then you are better off with an upright vacuum. So, look for a robotic vacuum with geo-fencing to know how far it can reach around the house. Once you have it, don’t be in a hurry while setting it up. This is to ensure that you get everything right from the get-go.
- Suction Power: This refers to how powerful the suction force of a robotic vacuum is. As such, there are a number of robotic vacuums that are so powerful that they can suck in AA-sized particles. However, if all you want is a machine to perform light cleaning duties around the house, buy one with relatively low suction power.
- Level of Automation: Since this is basically a robot, you want to be as hands-off as possible. But not all devices come with the same level of automation. While some allow for scheduling and automatically get to work, others require you to push a button. The type of machine you buy depends on the level of convenience you are looking for. If you want a machine that doesn’t everything automatically, buy one with a high level of automation. The only time you will touch it is during routine maintenance.
Have you found a robotic vacuum cleaner you are interested in? If not, the buying guide shows you exactly how to buy one in the right way. What you should avoid is to buy the first robotic vacuum you come across. Buy one that meets your needs and is also pocket-friendly.